thoughts on reptaid

its nice to have around, not really a medicine, but just a boost to help out in anyway

i sometimes use it to increase appetite or for people who have parasites in chams, it helps too and not being to bad on the body... its not a miracle cure that will solve your problems but it helps, i like it, and i like what it does

I had an ailing cham last year and gave him reptaid, but don't know if it works or not...I know not much help...

how can u give that to your cham thru a syringe ? what if he doesn't open the mouth or try to run away ?

Well, usually if you harass them enough they gape. If not I saw on the reptaid website at one point (I haven't seen it since, they might have taken it off the site) a guide for using one of those rubber spatulas for prying the mouth open. I think that's pretty stressful but at least with the rubber spatula you're less likely to injure them, which is a concern when prying open their mouths.

You can also inject it into feeder bugs with a needle. It would be harder to get larger doses into them, I assume, but less stress on the animal.

It's the only thing that got rid of one of my female's NASTY jaw/sinus/eye infection! It may not always work, but I highly recommend that you have it around. She had been battling the infections for several months before I got her, and she continued to need treatment with me. She had tried antibiotics several times using a different one each time. (I dont know if they had cultures done before I got her.) I did not have a culture done, and the antibiotics my vet prescribed did not work. When I gave her reptaid she was just about normal in a week! I continued to give it to her regularly (not more than advised) and everything healed up nicely.

This is weird- I just got my first bottle of this stuff in the mail yesterday afternoon. I've heard good things about it from what I would consider some trustable sources so, I guess I'll find out,...

After reading this thread, I think ill start a regiment of reptaid for my guy today to start the summer off.

Ill use the syringe to inject the reptaid into a superworm, then feed immediately after. My guy doesnt refuse super worms :)

the one with the skin problem?
Yes.
After reading this thread, I think ill start a regiment of reptaid for my guy today to start the summer off.

Ill use the syringe to inject the reptaid into a superworm, then feed immediately after. My guy doesnt refuse super worms :)

I started today with my chams/geckos. I use either crickets or silkworms. Read the instructions first!

My supers work just fine as long as I pierce them on the belly near the tail end where two segments meet. It also halps if you try to keep it parallel to the "skin" of the bug.

ok i can try to explain how i get camos mouth open...
if u make a ok sing with you hands..then close the rest of your fingers and get you cham to head through your hand, with the top of his head to wards your thumb.
once he gets just his head out, between your thimb and index finger, you can sorta hook their lower jaw with your index finger and gently force open their mouth.
it leaves your other hand free to do what you need.

it takes some practice and is stressfull for the cham, but when camo lost his tounge this was the only way to make him feed.

hope that makes sence, and as always JMO

hoj

Back
Top Bottom