Thoughts on feeding schedule and variety

jamest0o0

Chameleon Enthusiast
First off, my 9month cham does not eat as much as he used to, is it safe to feed him once every 2-3 days now ( that's about what he insists on as it is).

As for variety, here are the feeders I regularly have to work with :
crickets
dubia
orange heads
silkworms
hornworms
butterworms
superworms
black soldier flies and larvae
blue bottleflies

I also have waxworms, but only feed maybe 2-3 a month as a treat, along with halloween hissers and giant canyon isopods, but I need to expand their colonies first.

I was curious what you guys would consider a solid feeding schedule. I'm trying to get more organized with my gutloading and feeding, it's been taking up too much time in the morning. Any thoughts on a good weekly schedule for my chams? I'm always trying to give them something different.

Should I feed 1-2 feeders each feeding, or do a little bit of everything I have. I was thinking a mix of everything(6+different bugs every feeding) would be a nice balance, but the drawback of that is they might get bored easier. How does it sound if I do crickets or roaches as much as they'll eat along with a few of one type of worm. So for example, 10 crickets and 2 butterworms or 5 roaches and 2 hornworms. Then maybe saturday I could just feed a few superworms each with multi or d3 on them. and friday or sunday I could feed something a little different like flies, isopods, sticks or something else random.

I would love to get snails, but I have no idea how to get them over here in PA. If anyone has an idea please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom