Thorns and chameleons

Jordanworks479

Established Member
Been looking up a lot of info on plants for the enclosure that are safe and some of them have thorns did some searching only found threads from ten years ago anybody got a thorny plant in their set up do the chams actually like it and not hurt them selves?

Regardless of if they can handle it, why would you?
It untroduces an unnecessary risk for injury.
You also have to work in that enclosure too so for your convenience and his, best just not too.

But yea, I think they would handle it well until they injure themselves, their skin is thick enough, my main worry would be their eyes.

I'm with Remkon, it's just not worth the risk in my opinion. There are plenty of other options of flora where you don't need to worry about thorns.

I tried a bougainvillea in one of my vivs, but I plan to remove it on the next overhaul. I clip all the thorns but they just won’t produce the amount of colored leaves under my grow lights that makes it worth the effort. The ones in my yard produce prolific amounts of flowers and are beautiful, too bad they don’t inside...

Remkon that’s what I was thinking better safe then sorry I did a some research and and seen a lot of people use lemon trees and as mentioned by brodybreaux25 bougainvillea and I was gonna use that as well because of how many flowers it has but was worried about the eyes.Im going to just give him my hibiscus and double down and buy a quad from light your reptiles

Back
Top Bottom