This was really disappointing

RescueMom

Avid Member
Sometimes I see someone post a thread asking a completely ridiculous question, like "help! I think my cham is dead" and they post a horrible pic of an obviously dead chameleon. Then they go on to say how they put it under a heat light and they're spraying water on it, etc.

But that's not the most ridiculous part of the thread. The worst part is all the forum members who are so quick to reply and try to help this moronic person who is either trying to see what kind of idiots are on here, or they're honestly too stupid to be allowed in society unsupervised.

Then others use the forum like it's Instagram, or Facebook. Okay, that's fine if you have nothing better to do. Whatever.

But when you have someone with a problem that posts a thread, they deserve the same concern that others have gotten, but all to often they get ignored or treated like they're stupid for not knowing something, and that's wrong!

What is this really about? I have been easing back in this week after having surgery. Feel like I am missing something. And you seem really upset like this is personal.
I do a lot of research on here before I post a question so that I'm not asking the same thing over and over again. When I finally did post a thread, first one in a long time, I got no feedback.

Honestly this seems more like social media for a the in crowd, than a forum for chameleon owners /enthusiasts.

Never mind I see what happened and why you are upset. That was the first time I saw your thread. Sorry I was not really around much on Sunday and yesterday I was not looking through threads that were not on the main page. I just asked a few questions in your other thread.

This is a "social platform". This is not a chameleon wiki that everyone can edit.

I guess if you want to be extra chatty/off topic you can goto the lounge.

As for the dead chameleon posts, Ive been there. Believe it or not its kinda hard to tell if certain lizards are dead. Hell ive seen posts of live chameleons and im like "did it die perched on the stick?". It does take a bit of training to figure out if a less than day old lizard is dead. You are not going to poke the family member with a stick to see if it moves.

This is a "social platform". This is not a chameleon wiki that everyone can edit.

As for the dead chameleon posts, Ive been there. Believe it or not its kinda hard to tell if certain lizards are dead. Hell ive seen posts of live chameleons and im like "did it die perched on the stick?". It does take a bit of training to figure out if a less than day old lizard is dead. You are not going to poke the family member with a stick to see if it moves.
They are upset because they actually had a stressful situation and needed feedback from experienced keepers quickly. I can understand the frustration she felt.

I've lost a cham, and it was horrible. There was no question as to whether or not he was dead, so I'm not sure I'm with you on that. Not to mention I live in Florida and lizards are everywhere. I see them dead and alive. It's easy to tell the difference.

I do a lot of research on here before I post a question so that I'm not asking the same thing over and over again. When I finally did post a thread, first one in a long time, I got no feedback.

Honestly this seems more like social media for a the in crowd, than a forum for chameleon owners /enthusiasts.
I can understand your frustration as well. I'm sorry you had that experience. I know from my end, if it is something I know is not in my realm I usually don't add anything to the thread. Instead, I'll watch it to see what others say and try to learn. Although I understand why you are upset, I wouldn't take it so personally. Any variable can affect a person not replying and I know I certainly don't make it an effort to ignore anyone.

Thank you for sharing your experience, and for all the updates. I have learned and continue to learn from yours and others threads, and im sure many others have as well. 😊 we just all have to make the continuous effort to make this a great place for everyone! ❤❤❤

I've had so many posts not responded to, you just bump it. Did you see the day you asked? Sunday. Many people are with their families. Easy for a post to get lost at that time... Calling out the whole forum as a social media platform to goof on in is pretty wrong and I'm not going to sit here and go ohhh I sympathize with you lol. Sure, I understand you're worried and deserve some help, but people must have missed it. Instead of just attacking everyone, bump your thread. Most of us have lives like I'm sure you do too.

I've had so many posts not responded to, you just bump it. Did you see the day you asked? Sunday. Many people are with their families. Easy for a post to get lost at that time... Calling out the whole forum as a social media platform to goof on in is pretty wrong and I'm not going to sit here and go ohhh I sympathize with you lol. Sure, I understand you're worried and deserve some help, but people must have missed it. Instead of just attacking everyone, bump your thread. Most of us have lives like I'm sure you do too.
Maybe we should start posting our weekly schedules so everyone knows what we are doing at all times.... 🤣🤣 jk!

I wouldn't want you to go on and on and sympathize with me. That would be horrible 😱
I'll tell you what I did notice though about my thread. I noticed the threads posted at or about the same time, and they were responded to. Also, they weren't medical in nature, so that was part of why I felt like I did.
Again, no sympathy required, just explaining myself so you might get a better understanding of things from my perspective (or not 🤔)

I only post while im at work...

But i do sympathize that they needed some updates after the vet visit. But yea please bump, if the thread is more than a day old its considered solved, at best we are waiting on updates/pictures from OP.
Someone asked me to post pictures. I did, and then I got the sound of 🦗

Brilliant idea.. Maybe you were a light bulb in your past life 🤐

Happy Robert Redford GIF

I've lost a cham, and it was horrible. There was no question as to whether or not he was dead, so I'm not sure I'm with you on that. Not to mention I live in Florida and lizards are everywhere. I see them dead and alive. It's easy to tell the difference.
Not everyone is as much of an expert though. I think it's unfair to claim that a person is an idiot b/c they don't share your same experiences or walk the same path of life. Things aren't always black and white and if a younger person or newbie to reptiles seems to ask a silly/dumb question its always wise to remind yourself of this.

Not everyone is as much of an expert though. I think it's unfair to claim that a person is an idiot b/c they don't share your same experiences or walk the same path of life. Things aren't always black and white and if a younger person or newbie to reptiles seems to ask a silly/dumb question its always wise to remind yourself of this.
I don't think age matters. I've known 15 yr old smarter than some 2 or 3 times their age.
But it's true, Sometimes a person's intellect can't be helped. Genetics can be cruel and unfair 🤓

Alot of the times a person may not reply to a post simply because they are not sure of a correct answer or comment.
IMO better to not say anything at all than to possibly lead someone down the wrong path.
I have no problem with that. I don't give advice on here for that very reason.

Back
Top Bottom