This waiting game sux!

I am legitimately going to need to see a therapist by the time this is over.
If the vet wasn't 2.5 hours away and the windchill wasnt -15°C.
I would probably be running there every 5 mins!.
Logically I know shes just doing her thing at her pace.
But the way my brain works. Every little change is cause for alarm or at least worry. .
Shes so dark and unhappy looking. I miss my pretty green happy girl.
I know her basking spot is good. Shes not cold.
Her humidity is good.

Is there an emotional support group for owners of gravid females??
Awwwwww honey.. It is going to be ok. Just breathe try not to watch everything. Hopefully she will settle back down.

One day you’re not going to see her in her usual spot. You’re going to look for her and you’ll find her in her bin busily digging. You’ll slowly walk away, hoping she didn’t see you. You’ll gently cover her enclosure so she can’t see anyone and you’ll wait...and wait...and then wait some more. The suspense will be killing you and you’ll keep peeking in discretely in the little holes you made in whatever you covered her with. Night will come and she’ll probably sleep in her tunnel. Sometime the next day, you’ll be worn out from anxiety and just happen to look over at her enclosure and there she’ll be...sitting like nothing has happened in her usual basking spot. You will be elated! It’s over! Whoo hoo! All of that worrying was in vain. Treat her like the beautiful princess she is and give her lots of yummies for a few days. Then buckle down and start on reduced feeding and basking temp so neither of you has to go thru this so often.

One day you’re not going to see her in her usual spot. You’re going to look for her and you’ll find her in her bin busily digging. You’ll slowly walk away, hoping she didn’t see you. You’ll gently cover her enclosure so she can’t see anyone and you’ll wait...and wait...and then wait some more. The suspense will be killing you and you’ll keep peeking in discretely in the little holes you made in whatever you covered her with. Night will come and she’ll probably sleep in her tunnel. Sometime the next day, you’ll be worn out from anxiety and just happen to look over at her enclosure and there she’ll be...sitting like nothing has happened in her usual basking spot. You will be elated! It’s over! Whoo hoo! All of that worrying was in vain. Treat her like the beautiful princess she is and give her lots of yummies for a few days. Then buckle down and start on reduced feeding and basking temp so neither of you has to go thru this so often.
Thank you.!! Knowing my that is the perfect description of how it will go.

We were just cutting down on food when the colours started to show. The temps were dropped as soon as I joined the forum and learned that mine were too high.
At 5 months she was still getting daily feeders but i was reducing the number by 2 every other week.
Then she went and got herself all colourful and went on a diet of her own!!
Haha. She goes days without eating now.
And if she does eat. Its only one or 2 feeders.
I will throw a party when this is finally over!!

Thank you.!! Knowing my that is the perfect description of how it will go.

We were just cutting down on food when the colours started to show. The temps were dropped as soon as I joined the forum and learned that mine were too high.
At 5 months she was still getting daily feeders but i was reducing the number by 2 every other week.
Then she went and got herself all colourful and went on a diet of her own!!
Haha. She goes days without eating now.
And if she does eat. Its only one or 2 feeders.
I will throw a party when this is finally over!!
I had my Grumpy for only 2-3 months before she laid the first time. It took me a few weeks to learn just basic husbandry and get her set up with all of the right stuff. I horribly over-fed her for a good part of that time. Before me she had the equivalent of a chameleon kit with no uvb and all wrong supplements. Thankfully we got it all sorted out just in time for her to have a very uneventful laying. The anxiety killed me though and I wasn’t even aware of all that could have gone wrong. All I can say is to just take a deep breath and release the anxiety...it’ll all happen in it’s own time.

I had my Grumpy for only 2-3 months before she laid the first time. It took me a few weeks to learn just basic husbandry and get her set up with all of the right stuff. I horribly over-fed her for a good part of that time. Before me she had the equivalent of a chameleon kit with no uvb and all wrong supplements. Thankfully we got it all sorted out just in time for her to have a very uneventful laying. The anxiety killed me though and I wasn’t even aware of all that could have gone wrong. All I can say is to just take a deep breath and release the anxiety...it’ll all happen in it’s own time.
Your girl is so lucky you got her in time.
I was given a very pretty translucent female a couple years ago.
She had no uvb befofe me either.
The mbd was severe.
She recovered. But not enough to lay eggs.
She was just over a year old when her body failed her.
There was nothing I could do for her.
She was my intro to Chameleons..
My first reptile was the hardest and a sick to boot.
When I got Vada I went in knowing what I was getting into. Or so I thought.
But still had a lot of conflicting info. Basking temps. At what age to cut back on feeding and so on.
For some reason the stress and crazy behaviour never entered my mind before now.
I also didnt expect these dark unhappy colours.
I think after this. The next round will be much easier. Lol

Quick update.. in Limbo.
Still waiting for something, anything to change.
She still has little appetite. Today I saw her eat 1 black soldier fly. Leaving her cricket untouched in the feeder.
She is drinking.
I have covered the bottom half of her screen panels with neutral coloured towels and cardboard.
She spends half her day basking. The other half staring at me across the room from the front of her cage. I havent been giving her free roam time in the window lately as everything I've read says not to handle the girls close to egg time.
She is NOT on board with this and tries to climb up on my hand when I add her feeders.
I'm not sure if grounding her to her cage is the right choice or not.
Anyway thats whats New.
Nothing is new.
Here is a pic of her from a few days ago.

(The "night" option on my phone is amazing btw. No flash and the pic is almost daytime bright.. it was actually dark in there)

Attachments

• 20210126_193726.jpg
    20210126_193726.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 20210126_204723.jpg
    20210126_204723.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 75
Quick update.. in Limbo.
Still waiting for something, anything to change.
She still has little appetite. Today I saw her eat 1 black soldier fly. Leaving her cricket untouched in the feeder.
She is drinking.
I have covered the bottom half of her screen panels with neutral coloured towels and cardboard.
She spends half her day basking. The other half staring at me across the room from the front of her cage. I havent been giving her free roam time in the window lately as everything I've read says not to handle the girls close to egg time.
She is NOT on board with this and tries to climb up on my hand when I add her feeders.
I'm not sure if grounding her to her cage is the right choice or not.
Anyway thats whats New.
Nothing is new.
Here is a pic of her from a few days ago.

(The "night" option on my phone is amazing btw. No flash and the pic is almost daytime bright.. it was actually dark in there)
Dang man and I felt stressed about my husbands with my boy panther..... this thread gave me anxiety reading!!!! I don’t think I’ll own a female... haha

It may not seem like it now, but once you are totally confident in your husbandry and you've gone through a cycle or two, it isn't any harder than keeping a male. I have a male and a female and I dont think she is harder.
I know your right. The stess is mine. She gives zero f@#%$ about whats going down. (Well shes pretty pissy about being in lockdown I suppose)
Its the stress of the unknown. The horror stories... its easy to second guess everything.
I'm naturally a worrier too.
Bad combo. 😉

I know your right. The stess is mine. She gives zero f@#%$ about whats going down. (Well shes pretty pissy about being in lockdown I suppose)
Its the stress of the unknown. The horror stories... its easy to second guess everything.
I'm naturally a worrier too.
Bad combo. 😉
The first time was hard for me too. It was more stressful than when I had my own actually baby! Hahahaha

I never expected things to progress so slowly. This whole experience has been a test in patience
She's still eating (kinda) she is drinking.
She still not showing much interest in the lay bin. But she she did dig a little in her one big flower pot.
She has the tiniest bit of a paunch happening.
Receptive yellows appeared December 27th 2020.
And here we are. Feb 8th and still waiting.

Attachments

• 20210208_193618.jpg
    20210208_193618.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 79
I never expected things to progress so slowly. This whole experience has been a test in patience
She's still eating (kinda) she is drinking.
She still not showing much interest in the lay bin. But she she did dig a little in her one big flower pot.
She has the tiniest bit of a paunch happening.
Receptive yellows appeared December 27th 2020.
And here we are. Feb 8th and still waiting.
Sounds like what both of my ladies did when they laid last. They were a month apart in their cycles and I waited for 3-4 months from end of their receptive periods to laying. She’ll get there eventually. :)

Sounds like what both of my ladies did when they laid last. They were a month apart in their cycles and I waited for 3-4 months from end of their receptive periods to laying. She’ll get there eventually. :)
I'm just happy that she has mellowed some.
She seems to want to hang upside down from the ceiling lately (new behaviour)
I spot her up there at least once a day.
Shes also still unhappy about the lack of window time.
The temps here took a major dive into the negative stupid range.
So its too cold near the window right now anyway. Makes it easy for me to say no. Lol

Still no noticable change.
I'm really starting to wonder if this will ever happen lol.
Her appetite is working in full force again.. I decided since she went a month with eating almost nothing. That starting back with every other day wouldnt hurt.
Yesterday she had 2 crickets (they were small though so I counted them as 1)
1 superworm (it was treat day)
And as luck would have it.
There were 2 soldier flies hatched out. So I realeased those too.
She wasted no time chasing them down..

Tomorrow she will.get a couple crickets and some bsfl.

She still hasn't shed even though she has looked to be ready for awhile now.

Shes not fat either.
This is her today.

Attachments

• 20210215_192058.jpg
    20210215_192058.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 20210215_192142.jpg
    20210215_192142.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 73
Back
Top Bottom