THis is what happened when I tried to give Norman a small piece of Pear

martyllian

He turned a weird shade of pea soup green with dark blue spots. He wouldn't eat it.

Attachments

• newcolors.JPG
    newcolors.JPG
    241.9 KB · Views: 156
  • newcolors2.JPG
    newcolors2.JPG
    240.6 KB · Views: 159
Veileds do that when they are scared and timid. I usually try and back off when my veiled starts looking like that becasue it means she's stressed.

I thought he turned into a watermellon an dpuffed up when stressed and scared... but that must mean angry. This must be stressed. Glad I havent seen these colors before :p

He only showed them when I put a piece of Pear in front of his eyes.

That is really cool! At that age, I know veileds like to try out their coloring. Those spots will probably be the robin's egg blue spots of receptivity, but for now I can't say. Usually they don't like new things shoved into their face. I always offer new things by putting them on a branch or on a dish.

Don'tcha love these chams?!?!?!?!?

I love him to death. I hope that he doesn't become receptive! He is supposed to be a he, and has spurs on his feet :D

It wasnt a whole pear, It was a small piece that I cut to look like a worm, and put it on my finger. Thought I could trick him into eating it after leaving a small piece in his cage all day and having him ignore it.

Veileds are funny with their food. Sometimes they don't recognize something as food so they won't eat it or even try it. They don't all like the same things either. For instance, my male will eat crickets and supers, female 1 - crickets, supers, silkies, kale, female 2 - crickets, supers, strawberries, female 3 - anything I put in her cup. LOL

Back
Top Bottom