THIS IS WEIRD

Hi guys so I recently started hand feeding my chameleon and everytime I put my hand close to him this is what happens, I will now go. back to cup feeding and free ranging, P.S I couldn't put in a video

Attachments

• Captura de Pantalla 2022-05-02 a la(s) 1.00.07 p. m..png
    Captura de Pantalla 2022-05-02 a la(s) 1.00.07 p. m..png
    911.9 KB · Views: 45
They see your fingers as a feeder. Had / have the same problem with my veiled, always be careful when they shoot and hit your finger that you don´t pull back. Because, the tongue will get sucked at your finger and you need to let them retrieve their tongue to prevent any injury to their tongue and yes they will bite you 😊

When my Veiled sees my hands he comes running, if I don't have food on them he gets confused and will do a taste test of my hand or fingers. Then he will see his own hand and give that a taste test. It's like he can't believe I would show up without food for him. 😅

I prep my feeders at a endtable next to the enclosure and I swear when my panther sees the tongs he know exactly what's about to happen. Even without a feeder he will follow them around with his eyes. They are smart and can definitely pick up on patterns especially when it comes to feeding time.

Back
Top Bottom