Thinking of moving my cham outside(screen porch)

DAD3886

ok well if anyone read my thread yesterday regarding the escape of my cham ... hes since been chillen on the side right where the window is and the sun is comin in his room heavy.So it made my new cham *sense* lol go off and i was wondering for the best for him would if be a got idea within the summer months to but my cham in his enclosure within my screened porch? there is one corner that has a really nice amount of heavy sunlight but its only about 4-7 hrs a day not at all day.Where the sun comes in i could place the cage half in the sun and half in a lilttle more shade.If i did this and i thought ive read this on another thread should i still use his uvb and basking lights or not? cuz wouldnt the sun by the uvb and the heat naturally from it be the basking? i was going to check the temps in that spot today.thanks!

it is fine like how you described, since im in SO CAL, i leave my cham now outside:cool:

Are you talking about an aluminum screened patio? I would not suggest it with the summer months coming. I live in Florida too and the patios are like an oven in the summer. Your chameleon is very young too isnt it? You would not need the basking light at all, but I would say maybe leave the UVB light in there if you do decide to do it. They do not give off much heat and you said you are talking anywhere from 4-7 hours of sun coming in right? This is just my opinion, but I just think the temps are just to intense in June, July and August.

ok well if anyone read my thread yesterday regarding the escape of my cham ... hes since been chillen on the side right where the window is and the sun is comin in his room heavy.So it made my new cham *sense* lol go off and i was wondering for the best for him would if be a got idea within the summer months to but my cham in his enclosure within my screened porch? there is one corner that has a really nice amount of heavy sunlight but its only about 4-7 hrs a day not at all day.Where the sun comes in i could place the cage half in the sun and half in a lilttle more shade.If i did this and i thought ive read this on another thread should i still use his uvb and basking lights or not? cuz wouldnt the sun by the uvb and the heat naturally from it be the basking? i was going to check the temps in that spot today.thanks!
I know this was a long time ago but I'm thinking about doing the same thing with my 1 year old panther male. Did you end up doing it and do you have any tips that you could share with me? Thanks!

I know this was a long time ago but I'm thinking about doing the same thing with my 1 year old panther male. Did you end up doing it and do you have any tips that you could share with me? Thanks!

He last logged in 9 years ago. Many of us keep chams outside, you're best starting a new thread.

Back
Top Bottom