Thinking of getting a Pygmy

jim734123

Just picked up a Zilla 18x18x20 glass terrarium with a screen front and screen top (3 sides are glass). It was normally $120 and I found it on sale at Pecto for $60. I have been looking for some time to find pygmies but have had no luck. Before I set up a terrarium that is pygmy specific do you guys know of any one that has any for sale? (I have checked all of the sponsor sites.) Or perhaps some one has a few they have breed and would like to part with. I just don't want to have a terrarium for pygmies with no pygmies in it for an extended period of time. I don't need them this instant, as I am thinking it could take a week or two to get the tank planted and all that.

Thanks for the help all.

I set up a tank about 2-3 months ago and im still waiting for a guy to get some cb pygs, I have to say I don't expect them to be so hard to find but WC is easy to get. Do you care to get a WC or cb?

Would prefer cb but wc would be ok. I just want a chameleon again badly. I miss my jacksonnii terribly. Sold her cage and wanted to do something a little smaller. perhaps patience would be best and wait until the viv has been set up and the plants have grown in a little bit. How is your tank looking after a few months of plant growth? Any pics you can share?

i might be able to post some pics but i only i have one real plant, an asparagus fern and i havent had it in for to long so there hasnt been much growth also i recommend taking the time to get a cb as it's not fair for the wc ones to go from a vast Tanzanian jungle to a tank in someones house when they arent even adjusted to it. OH and my friend keeps her whites tree frog in a zilla flx and they are nice tanks, good choice. also, im sorry to hear about your jacksonnii, such unique animals

Thanks. I guess I will just start putting the tank together and see what happens as far as availability in the future. I will post some updates on the tank in the coming week.

I put the clay hydro balls in today. I will be getting some carbon and screen and dirt next. Also I am going to try to clone a larger ficus I have from my previous cham as well. Hopefully try to get a jungle of ficus in one section. I will update as I work. Not sure what other plants I want to get. I would love to build a clay wall or perhaps get the stick on zilla wood walling or cork to have some moss and bromeliads grow on. (Spelling errors are apparent. )

Attachments

• random 2.13.12 009.jpg
    random 2.13.12 009.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 233
I set up a tank about 2-3 months ago and im still waiting for a guy to get some cb pygs, I have to say I don't expect them to be so hard to find but WC is easy to get. Do you care to get a WC or cb?

We're are these easy to get wc pygmys I can't find them either

We're are theses wc you speak of I have seen nothing of the sort. And if you do actually know we're to get them please share with us.

surprisningly it is opening in April more than one place ive seen info about it so you just need to wait a bit longer until there are a lot more pygmies for sale..... but i am going to tell you it can be hard to get the right species.... i ended up buying from two different websites that ended up giving me two different species... be prepared to having many different tanks

updates so far. next i want to build a clay wall to put the bromeliads into. just looking for options on what to use to build it.

Attachments

• tank 2013 001.jpg
    tank 2013 001.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 233
  • tank 2013 002.jpg
    tank 2013 002.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 206
just got done planting the tank and building the clay wall.

Attachments

• jungle tank 001.jpg
    jungle tank 001.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 235
  • jungle tank 006.jpg
    jungle tank 006.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 236
  • jungle tank 002.jpg
    jungle tank 002.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 271
  • jungle tank 003.jpg
    jungle tank 003.jpg