Thinking about the desire for purity of locales.

Thanks for chiming in on my thread Chris.

I admired that about Bert too- but even he sometimes fell to temptation though maybe he fell into it by accident- the white heads on his last generations of argentine tegus and his black jewelled lacertas for examples, or on purpose- the red/white crossed tegus for example. (comparable to panther crosses in some ways I think- different locales of tegu from somewhat different climate conditions... I always wonder why he did that, so it's strange that I start this thread on panthers LOL)

I was wondering since diet came up and since you are probably aware of most of the studies out there-

Has anyone ever done analysis of wild panther stomach contents? (If protected could they be flushed I wonder?- I saw a savannah monitor study referenced once where the stomach contents were flushed so the lizards weren't killed)

Has anyone ever done an indepth analysis bloodwork of wild panthers? Such a thing could be extremely useful for trying to tweak captive diets.

If these have never been done- maybe they could be right up your alley?;)

Last edited:
nine times out of ten there is in some way a miscomunication between imported specimens and what they are. ambanja have been imported for years and ambato and ankify locales are sent in with them. big hutch has a wc ambanja that appears straight up ambatoXankify. things happen like this, i think it depends on where the specimens are collected. those ambanjas from the 90's or atleast the ones being thought of on this subject were most likely collected in generally the same location, and potentially not collected everywhere in that towns area.

Back
Top Bottom