Thinking about stepping it up in the chameleon world!

CheekyChameleon

Hey guys, As you know i just got my very first chameleon a few months back, a Veiled , a very pretty young lady! Now i'am thinking about stepping it up and getting another one, a different kind

A 5 1/2 Month old Male PANTHER CHAMELEON!!!!! :D

So i was just wondering if there were any pointers i should know about owning one of these before i take the final jump and get this awesome looking man!

I was either just going to build a cage, or go talk to a chameleon breeder about buying a used cage off him

any input would be awesome! :) Thanks guys

Hey,

Have the cage and everything setup before you get the cham, that way you can just get him, place him in his cage, and leave him alone for about 3-5 days.

That way he will get accustomed to his new home, he may not eat within this time so don't panic it may take him a few days before he eats, but keep him hydrated.

My panther male was so happy to get out of his tiny cup from overnight shipping that he crawled right onto my hand just to get up!
I had everything setup for about a week before I got him so I could make sure everything was ready, especially temps and humidity.
He didn't eat the first day but he is a piggy now.

i've desided to stick with just my veiled right now.... Maybe later on down the line i'll get a panther... The lady backed out and Sold him to someone else :( oh well

Thanks for everything guys!

Back
Top Bottom