Thinking about buying a mistking

suheyls

Hey guys I've been thinking about adding a mistking to Simon's cage (24x24x48) and i was wondering if anyone had pictures of their enclosures with it. I just need an idea on how/were to put it, since the cage is mesh I'm worried that the spraying will go outside of the cage. Does this happen? and if so how can it be fixed? I don't mean the normal leaking from the bottom (I have yet to make a draining system tho, if i buy it I will have to make one for sure). I have a repti-rain at the moment with the nozzles pointing down, but its not covering the area as I would like :/

I don't have mine setup yet (same size cage) but when I do set it up, I got some corrugated plastic (a 4x8' piece) that I am going to zip tie around the two sections that the sprayer will be aimed at. Hanging vines also help collect water spray. But the majority will be stopped by the plastic. It's super cheap and you can get it at any plastic/sign shop. I got just white but you can special order different colors too. Hope this helps!

I don't have mine setup yet (same size cage) but when I do set it up, I got some corrugated plastic (a 4x8' piece) that I am going to zip tie around the two sections that the sprayer will be aimed at. Hanging vines also help collect water spray. But the majority will be stopped by the plastic. It's super cheap and you can get it at any plastic/sign shop. I got just white but you can special order different colors too. Hope this helps!

Thank you! A while ago i wasthinking something along those lines, but i didn't know which material would be light enough that the screen could hold! Do you have anything plan drainage wise?

I just got one and I have it attached to a top corner with one of the plastic corner braces they sell. The sprayer is pointed in at the plants, and I only get a tiny bit of mist outside the cage, although more hits the top of the cage and collects in the screening to drip off (not a problem though). Make sure to strap down all of the tubing well coming from the pump to the cage. I didn't at first and it shook the cage quite a bit! Contacted the company and they told me about the strapping issue, no problems now.

Thank you! A while ago i wasthinking something along those lines, but i didn't know which material would be light enough that the screen could hold! Do you have anything plan drainage wise?

The corrugated plastic is super light, so its a perfect material and completely water proof. Drainage wise I'm deciding to not do a drainage bucket (unless I need to) but I custom built a plexiglass pan that is 8" tall and shorter in the front so I can easily pull it out. I have reptile carpet which does a great job of soaking up the water. I clean it on a regular basis anyway. But the pan will allow a decent amount of water to pool up before it overflows (not that I ever plan on it getting THAT full, but you know what I mean) plus that extra plexiglass at the bottom helps keep spray in as well

Back
Top Bottom