Think my female yem is pregnant

Smiffy

IMG-20180713-WA0041.jpg
any advice/help is more than welcome

What kind of enclosure is that? It looks so low and I don't see a uvb spot near the basking spot. And I don't think bark is a proper substrate for chameleons as it can cause constipation when ingested.

Here's the caresheet for veiled, it also describes what you need to do to provide a layingbin for a gravid female: https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled

What kind of enclosure is that? It looks so low and I don't see a uvb spot near the basking spot. And I don't think bark is a proper substrate for chameleons as it can cause constipation when ingested.

Here's the caresheet for veiled, it also describes what you need to do to provide a layingbin for a gravid female: https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled
Hello, thank you for the reply.....There is a 600mm uvb lamp and a basking bulb the Viv is sat on the floor that's why it looks low the measurements are 4ftx3ftx2.5......as for the wood chip it was advised as best to use by my local reptile/pet shop

Attachments

• 15316705311191433156272.jpg
    15316705311191433156272.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 149
And yes I agree, she looks like she will be looking for a spot to lay very soon. Is the black bucket her lay bin? What is in the bin? There doesn’t appear to be a lot of whatever substrate you are giving he to lay in, bucket should be at least half full and moist top to bottom with no standing water.

Once she starts to dig cover her cage sides so she can not see you. She will not lay if you are watching. Leave the cover up until she has laid all her eggs and covers the hole.

Hello, thank you for the reply.....There is a 600mm uvb lamp and a basking bulb the Viv is sat on the floor that's why it looks low the measurements are 4ftx3ftx2.5......as for the wood chip it was advised as best to use by my local reptile/pet shop

Attachments

• IMG-20180711-WA0003.jpeg
    IMG-20180711-WA0003.jpeg
    237.7 KB · Views: 118
The laybin at the bottom is a 10l bucket with 8l of spider soil in it and it's wet but there's no surface water I'm new to this but every spare minute I have I'm reading about yems

Respectfully you also need to add ALOT more branches! Any space in the enclosure that does not have a branch running through it is wasted space, fill it up!

Not sure what spider soil is but if it can hold a tunnel it may work. The preferred substrate for lay bins is moist sand. It should have the same moisture as if you were building a sandcastle at the beach.

Back
Top Bottom