Things have taken a turn...for the worse

So glad to hear she is home and recovering... Doc Walton is the best! Best wishes for a speedy recovery and she will be in my thoughts as both her and I had surgery on the same afternoon! :)

So glad to hear she is home and recovering... Doc Walton is the best! Best wishes for a speedy recovery and she will be in my thoughts as both her and I had surgery on the same afternoon! :)

Oh goodness! Well thank you for the get well wishes and I hope you also recover well from whatever ails you!

That's great news Lisa. I'm glad that Isis is home with you and hope she will make a full recovery. The swollen wrist does look like it could be gout. I would definitely have her checked.

Isis is having problems! :(

My girl is not looking good right now. She is really bloated, her casque is blown up like a balloon and breathing is very labored - she is opening her mouth with every breathe and taking in a BIG breath every time. She has limited strength as well and it looks like she has gular edema which she didn't when I brought her home yesterday. Of course I'm very worried so I called my vet and have an appointment for tomorrow at 9:20am. Honestly though with the way she looks, I'm not sure she'll make it through the night! She is very puffy and the area near her lungs is soft and balloon like when you touch it. She drank a lot of water yesterday and ate 16 feeders and tried to eat today - she gobbled 2 crickets then looked like she struggled to get them down but did and then didn't eat or drink again. I am wondering if she's impacted or retaining water. I'll try to attach a pic to see if any of you have any advice to get her through the night. I have not handled her at all except to get her in her cage yesterday and then just now when I checked her and noticed the bloating. Anyways, its going to be an extremely bleak Christmas for me if I lose her. This just sucks all around. :(
image.jpg

Oh no Lisa! I'm praying little Isis made it through the night and the vet will be able to help her this morning.

Oh no! Isis will be in my thoughts and prayers... I am so sorry; what an emotional rollercoaster~ I hope this is just a temporary condition. Whatever happens we are here for you. Get well Isis!

Isis is currently in my care. (I am boarding Lisa's chameleons over Christmas.)

She is looking better today, less swollen and her color is brighter. She has a vet apt on Monday so I will let you guys know how it goes. The vet put her on Baytril which she is getting orally twice daily. This little chameleon is a fighter I think she will pull through!

Julia thanks so much for posting an update - I have been too busy packing but now as we head out of town I find it a little ironic that I too will be monitoring this thread for updates on my girl! (In addition to your daily updates, of course!) I know she is in the best hands possible (beside my own) so again, thank you! You and Reid are truly wonderful for taking care of my sick girl and little old man! :)

I also wanted to thank everyone for their continued interest in Isis' condition and your thought and prayers! I have been extremely stressed out about her since November and then even more upset as I realized Christmas was getting closer with no resolution with her health in sight. She is a very strong girl with an uncanny will to live so I am extremely optimistic that she will pull through in Julia's care. Thanks again! :)

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
You're fortunate to have an experienced cham keeper and kind person like Julia to care for your pets during your vacation!

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
You're fortunate to have an experienced cham keeper and kind person like Julia to care for your pets during your vacation!

Don't I know it!! ;) I think I bore both of them because I'm constantly thanking them...over, and over and over...lol! Great Cham keepers are hard to find indeed!

What are you using in the laying bin?? Maybe you need something different. My female has lain eggs 2 times. I used the same box and sand both times and she had no problems. I used a clear plastic box and filled it with a 50 pound bag of playground sand that i wetted down and packed it so it was like beach sand. It was easy for her to dig and she did the same thing both times, all the way to the bottom and them all the way to the other side of the box. She spent more time covering them after she laid them than she did digging the original hole and laying all the eggs.She rested 3-4 times then went back to covering them. The first time she laid eggs i put a towel around the bottome of the screen so noone could see in , the second time I put her in a private room and then only peeked in on her. If she was in the box or headed to it i didnt go into the room.You can even start a hole and see if she might use it. GOOD LUCK

Back
Top Bottom