Thin poops

Daesie11

Chameleon Enthusiast
So Pesto has had a few thin poops. Not completely liquid but a little runny. His urates are still white. Should I worry? I'm gonna get his fecal done on Thursday.

Pics? Also have you been feeding lots of hornworms? I think it would be a great idea for a fecal. Just for the simple fact of the issues his clutch mates seemed to have. I also doubt the breeder ever sanitized between handlings. There are a couple good Herp vets up there in Denver.

Pics? Also have you been feeding lots of hornworms? I think it would be a great idea for a fecal. Just for the simple fact of the issues his clutch mates seemed to have. I also doubt the breeder ever sanitized between handlings. There are a couple good Herp vets up there in Denver.
I'll take a pic when I get home, just went out to get a new container to clean my feeders up. I havent been feeding ANY hornworms actually, he wont take them from me. I have seen him drinking A LOT recently though. And I managed to get in for a full wellness check and fecal tomorrow afternoon. He is going to hate me :rolleyes:
I am seeing Dr Willems at Aurora Animal

No he won't. He will learn to love you for making sure he's all well and good. Reason I asked was sometimes hornworms can cause diarrhea in our chams. Recommend a shoe box with a branch sticking through it. Keeps it dark and gives him something to hold on to for the ride so he can be nice and relaxed.

No he won't. He will learn to love you for making sure he's all well and good. Reason I asked was sometimes hornworms can cause diarrhea in our chams. Recommend a shoe box with a branch sticking through it. Keeps it dark and gives him something to hold on to for the ride so he can be nice and relaxed.
Yeah, if he had been eating lots of hornworms I wouldn't have been worried at all

So he just pooped for me as I got home, so considerate. This one isnt nearly as thin as the others. I think maybe the poops I was seeing were just getting hit by the mister before I could get to them?

Attachments

• 20190514_164904.jpg
    20190514_164904.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 54
looks like an itty bitty poop from an itty bitty guy. Looks normal as well. Good thing is that he is pooping regularly which means he is eating. I think the fecal will help settle your mind a bit. It helped me to know that there were no hidden parasites that could harm my boy.

So he just pooped for me as I got home, so considerate. This one isnt nearly as thin as the others. I think maybe the poops I was seeing were just getting hit by the mister before I could get to them?
My little guy was diagnosed with coccidia and I had him less than 3 weeks...it smelled so I took it in. Better to check and have some peace of mind.

Those look good. It could be? Never a bad idea to collect it in a bag and put in the fridge anyways. Always better to be safe than sorry with these little guys

Back
Top Bottom