They finally arrived!

Thomas Bower

After several months of preparation, I finally was ready to take on my two males, one a Veiled I named John-Paul and the other a Jackson I named Andrew. Andrew is about 5-6 months and ate and drank right away. John-Paul, 3-4 months is a little more bashful, hides in his Hibiscus. Both got juvenile cricks with liquid calcium. I have not seen John-Paul since this morning. Andrew caught a full-sized crick and got it down eventually.
I started a new colony of cricks to lay and hatch, more juvies, a tube of Superworms, twelve to stress and metamorphisize, remainder to feed when my Chams get older. Will start Dubia colony and Waxworms when available.
The lights went off promptly at 1900, will come back on at 0700. I hope these guys can adjust to me staring at them most of the day. Since I don't have a life, I watch
Chams all day.
Wife thinks I have lost it.
Preparations and study have been full-time for weeks. Can see this hobby will take over my Sunroom.

After several months of preparation, I finally was ready to take on my two males, one a Veiled I named John-Paul and the other a Jackson I named Andrew. Andrew is about 5-6 months and ate and drank right away. John-Paul, 3-4 months is a little more bashful, hides in his Hibiscus. Both got juvenile cricks with liquid calcium. I have not seen John-Paul since this morning. Andrew caught a full-sized crick and got it down eventually.
I started a new colony of cricks to lay and hatch, more juvies, a tube of Superworms, twelve to stress and metamorphisize, remainder to feed when my Chams get older. Will start Dubia colony and Waxworms when available.
The lights went off promptly at 1900, will come back on at 0700. I hope these guys can adjust to me staring at them most of the day. Since I don't have a life, I watch
Chams all day.
Wife thinks I have lost it.
Preparations and study have been full-time for weeks. Can see this hobby will take over my Sunroom.

Congrats! Lol on the "lost it" part! My wife and employees think that I'm nuts! Sit and watch. Sit and watch... :D

I know! I could watch my chameleon and all my other reptiles like all day lol finding something new to do every day

Eh, I used to have a red-tail boa and a black and white tegu and after 5 minutes of watching them I would be done! Chameleons are where it's at! :cool: :D

Eh, I used to have a red-tail boa and a black and white tegu and after 5 minutes of watching them I would be done! Chameleons are where it's at! :cool: :D

Indeed that is true! I could seriously grab a lawn chair and chill lol They are so cool! I really want a panther chameleon along with my veiled

Always something to watch in Cham cages or feeder boxes. Takes me back to HS Biology. 1965. Showing grandson metamorphasis live and up close! The bugs are as fun as the Chams!:D

Wife just pointed out plauge of "gnats" getting into her wine glass. Had to tell her they were newly hatched cricks. (LOL) Never knew they flew and were so tiny. Fly right through tiny holes in tub top. Guess I will moved newly hatched cricks down to shop area.;);)

Always something to watch in Cham cages or feeder boxes. Takes me back to HS Biology. 1965. Showing grandson metamorphasis live and up close! The bugs are as fun as the Chams!:D

Back
Top Bottom