They are staring at each other like they are in love...

Ethan

Greetings experts,

Quick run down. 1 male year and a half old. Across the room is a FVC they chill all day in their cages and stare at each but in a way that is kinda looks like they want to be with each other.
I know they are suppose to not look at each other but what's everyone's thoughts on what's going on with these 2?

She sounds receptive and they are ready to mate, but I suggest researching as much as possible before even thinking about it. Good Luck!

They are staring at each other....but how can you tell what they are thinking? Does she have the blue dots/ patches that suggest she is receptive? How old is she? And if you know they are not 'supposed' to be able to see each other all the time, why have you put them in constant view anyway?

Yes of course

The divider fell down overnight to answer the one question. When I came in she was green with her little robin egg blue spots and he was staring intently as close as he could in his cage and she actually climbed on the inside of the cage to see him and get as close as possible. She is not even 6 months and no where near breeding age and I plan on putting the cover back I'm just take back by how they seem so receptive to each other when I have been under the impression that if they see each other it will cause stress. This was not happening.

Well, it only causes stress when they are not in the mood for love....in the wild she would probably have some fertile eggs soon :)
As it is, she is just 'exploring her sexuality', lol - as a good father you are right to keep her away from the boys for a bit longer.........be ready with a laying bin, because she will almost certainly start making some infertile eggs soon.

Eggs Eggs and more Eggs

Ugh! I know. I have a 2 year old and she is about to lay. I have 3 females total and I think to myself sometimes STRESS! I worry everytime but I have it down to 3 clutches a year no more than 25-30 eggs. I learned the hard way when I was new to this and almost killed my two year old from overfeeding (she laid 60 eggs!) never again.

Ugh! I know. I have a 2 year old and she is about to lay. I have 3 females total and I think to myself sometimes STRESS! I worry everytime but I have it down to 3 clutches a year no more than 25-30 eggs. I learned the hard way when I was new to this and almost killed my two year old from overfeeding (she laid 60 eggs!) never again.

Why am I giving you advice then? You been there and done that.......I've had 3 successful layings in total.......31 eggs last time.....all infertile so far, have you had any babies?

Back
Top Bottom