Thermostat needed

Benclark

So I have been having conflicting feelings about keeping my veiled's heat light on during these hot summer months. This entire week is supposed to be in the 90s so I worry about him overheating. I'm looking for a thermostat that could connect to the heat lamp that inturn would regulate the temperature in the cage.

So I have been having conflicting feelings about keeping my veiled's heat light on during these hot summer months. This entire week is supposed to be in the 90s so I worry about him overheating. I'm looking for a thermostat that could connect to the heat lamp that inturn would regulate the temperature in the cage.
IDK about that particular connection. I have a probed digital connected to an ultra-quit muffin fan in back of a vent in my beardie's cage. If the enclosure temp hits 90F, the fan turns on until the temp drops to 88. I suppose something like that could be attached to a lamp as well.

You might want to read PetNcs post,
CLIMATE OF THE NATURAL HABITAT OF THE MIGHTY YEMEN CHAMELEON.
He has some info & views on basking, lighting, & temps.

I agree the herpstat is wonderful. I have this and the probe sits on your basking branch. As soon as the set temp is reached it kicks off. Ambient temps also effect it so if your ambient temp in the house rises it will kick off. Or you can simply turn off the basking fixture on days that are hot.

Ipower on amazon

Back
Top Bottom