The windstorm destroyed our awning.

Syn

Avid Member
R.I.P Awning. We will miss you! You kept our car cool on even the hottest of days..

Unfortunately our awning was grandfathered in, so once it got torn out, we can not put another up..
It is too close to the house next to us, and it would go against the current codes.

33l2nsy.jpg

Crap!! Guess it goes to show that no matter where you live, mother nature is a b****.

Hammer up the old one again, since its grandfathered in (they cant outlaw repairs). let it look like SH!T. As bad as possible. Then, Suggest to your neighbour that you'd like to replace it with a new, clean, good looking one. Get their buy-in, in writing, on your having a new one (maybe a slightly smaller one).

Our neighbors house looks worse than ours, and they refuse to sign ANY papers, but we think that's because one of them is living in there illegally and they are scared to sign anything etc..
But we are going to make repairs to it, we already have, mostly.. it doesn't look great but it's better than nothing.

Good idea Sandra. :D

Your neighbors are living next to you illegally. You have a free pass;) Build what ever you want.

They wouldn't be the people to report it, it'd be the people on the other side of us or the people on the other side of the street.

They wouldn't be the people to report it, it'd be the people on the other side of us or the people on the other side of the street.

I understand, No disrespect intended on this statement.. just saying that like.. "What has the world come to" kinda thing... When ya cant even fix your awning, without getting tattled on :p

I know right? It pisses me off, every time we move something onto our porch they whine and complain to the park manager and say it's making THEM look cluttered when the people next to us are worse, but we get crapped on first, and always.

LOL leave it how it is and paint it purple!

"I love you, you love me,
we are happy family....." :D

dvd_barney_50._SL75_V262191141_.gif

Must've been a hefty blow, Glad nobody was hurt.

Thats really lame. Really, lame. lol. I say, if ya cant beat em, join em, tattle on them! Tell the park manager 'Mr.Lahey' :p that the people beside you are probably illegal, and whatever they do, Tattle! Every little thing..

Then another point of view... "Dont sink down to there level", meaning dont do what they do, just live with it.

I like jojacksons idea, Theres no rules about paint is there? Go Ahead! Paint it! :)

Or just fix it up, if its able. :)

As for that thing about "Making your neighbors look rattier" Thats there fault, They shouldnt be so immature, and whine about how good your house looks, How childish is that.. very pathetic.

Must've been a hefty blow, Glad nobody was hurt.

It was very surprising.. the awning was VERY sturdy.... actually knocked down a couple sheds, though.

Damn ..and you don't even live in England :D lol
LOL! Nope.
I like jojacksons idea, Theres no rules about paint is there? Go Ahead! Paint it!
There is, actually. We have a color scheme that we have to keep to... otherwise I would have painted the house bright red just for the hell of it.
I think I might do that one of these days.. LOL!

There is, actually. We have a color scheme that we have to keep to... otherwise I would have painted the house bright red just for the hell of it.
I think I might do that one of these days.. LOL!

The day before you move.

Back
Top Bottom