The weigh in.

CasqueAbove

Chameleon Enthusiast
I just got a scale today and weighed my 2 Veiled Chameleons.

My male was injured a while back, so has definitely lost weight, though he was likely over weight before.
for more see: https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/injured-chameleon-a-case-study.173892/

Male 1year 2months weighed in at 120g
Female 1year 2months has always been healthy, has been on a reduced diet, or normal diet per this forum, for about 3 months or so . I was overfeeding.
She weighed in at 90g

The only thing I can find online is petMD which had adult male 85-170 female 85-118. On this chart I am good.

Does any body else have info on weight ?

The real test of course will be tracking their weight over time.

The iptimal weight is a function of length and habitus.
Just weight is a factor saying nothing if isolated.
I
Have. Ur es fir wild and captivity, but nees ti aee e oics and have the measurements if total length or ag least head and body length.

from the number you show, they will be very likely pretty fine, overwigth in comoarison to wild ones but for captivitybthey will do well I assume

The iptimal weight is a function of length and habitus.
Just weight is a factor saying nothing if isolated.
I
Have. Ur es fir wild and captivity, but nees ti aee e oics and have the measurements if total length or ag least head and body length.

from the number you show, they will be very likely pretty fine, overwigth in comoarison to wild ones but for captivitybthey will do well I assume

Thank you, I think my main concern was the male being under weight due to his injury. If weight is not on the low side then I will keep his feedings the same(1 ml bug juice 2x week), and track his weight while he heals.

Back
Top Bottom