The Start (Wood Enclosure) for my Jacksons

RobSquared

Well this is the start if my build. I have decided to do a wooden enclosure so I can make it to MY specifications and not a store bought one. When completed initial drawing it was 4ft wide, 2 ft deep and almost 7 ft tall. I will be splitting it down the middle to make 2 cages in one essentially. I will be willing to take step by step photos if anyone is interested. It will take me about a month to build but when I am done it should (I did say should) be like the ultimate place for my Bonnie and Clyde. So let me know if your interested and I will make sure to keep taking step by step photos and post it up when I am complete. What you see in the picture is simple 1/8 inch PVC sheets (free from work) that I will turn into the drip pans. So wish me luck as I am buildig this thing from several different tips from even more several different people on the forums.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 138
Yes - step by step is good - even if I can't follow directions - it's amazing how many good ideas can be "borrowed" - I'm just finishing up my new cages but there is always room for improvement -
With the 7 foot tall cage have you figured out how to change the light bulbs? I'm having a tough time :) - and I'm building challenged - I went with pre made parts put together- I thought I could use the crappy cage I have for my panther another month or two but it is too tall on the stand I have for it. I'm having his cage cage built to the measurements I want by Canvas- which saves me that part of it - but drainage is always a challenge- I saw an idea just yesterday I sort of wish I had stolen for my jackson with a humidifier going up into the bottom of the cage-

Yes - step by step is good - even if I can't follow directions - it's amazing how many good ideas can be "borrowed" - I'm just finishing up my new cages but there is always room for improvement -
With the 7 foot tall cage have you figured out how to change the light bulbs? I'm having a tough time :) - and I'm building challenged - I went with pre made parts put together- I thought I could use the crappy cage I have for my panther another month or two but it is too tall on the stand I have for it. I'm having his cage cage built to the measurements I want by Canvas- which saves me that part of it - but drainage is always a challenge- I saw an idea just yesterday I sort of wish I had stolen for my jackson with a humidifier going up into the bottom of the cage-

I did take the bulb changing into consideration. I have 8 ft ceilings so that leaves me a foot to move them around to change them. I might drop the height down to 6.5 ft tall total to give me some elbow room. I have not decided to run a fogger or not yet. Been reading alot of negative replys on that with mildew forming and stuff. I plan on cleaning the cage at minimum once a week so its either fog or several mist a day. But as it seems for most people its that trial and error. As long as they are happy then I am happy....

Back
Top Bottom