the new york metro reptile show

I am playing around with the idea. If I end up going I will PM you my cell# so we can meet up and cause a ruckus … maybe beat up vendors within inches of their lives who are taking really poor care of their chams (and I know there will be a few) – so basically having some fun.

-roo

Been there 2X, and ended up with dissapointment after seeing vendor caging like 20 carpet chameleon in a 20 gallon tank on my first trip...filled with poops and smells. Then there is another vendor on my second trip...have jackson and veiled. And the same problem...caging too many in too little space. So, I would expect this time would be kinda disappontment too.:mad:

Been there 2X, and ended up with dissapointment after seeing vendor caging like 20 carpet chameleon in a 20 gallon tank on my first trip...filled with poops and smells. Then there is another vendor on my second trip...have jackson and veiled. And the same problem...caging too many in too little space. So, I would expect this time would be kinda disappontment too

This happens at the Hamburg PA show too.

-roo

Well, the only nice chameleon Vendor is Screameleon. 1 chameleon per cage very well knowledge and helpful. If anyone wanna buy chameleon at NY Reptile Show, I would go to Screameleon. Others.... depends on the husbandry, I would not suggest to buy from them. Because there is no guarantee that the chameleon will live for long!!!

Hey Roo,
Those Blue Eye pygmies i have had been 2 months now... i was wondering if you have any CB Blue eye for sale?

Hey Roo,
Those Blue Eye pygmies i have had been 2 months now... i was wondering if you have any CB Blue eye for sale?

I was actually wondering how those were doing with you. Glad to hear they are growing up nicely. At this time I am not working with them. I did early on in only b/c they were accidentally sent to me instead of brevs and also at that time I had real difficulty ID’ing them too and couldnt find a male or didn’t know what species of male to get – so I was kind of just treading water with them. At one time I am pretty sure I had R. uluguruensis and R. nchisiensis and possibly even an R. moyeri in the mix. I did find a hatchling in the tank once but never really knew what species it was. They never lasted though and it may have been b/c of the temps I offered. According to the “East African stump-tailed Chameleons” article on the ezine their max temps shouldn’t be over 73 and the nighttime drop should be around 61 and I just couldn’t manage that at the time. That and them being WC and possibly cohabitated with another species without me knowing it probably didn’t help. Some day I will get back into them but for now I only want to focus on what I have which is a full time job as it is.

I would love to hear how you are keeping them though so send me a PM if you can.

-roo

:D Well, I am in Buffalo, NY. They hatched during winter days. So, the temperature can be kept at a pretty low temperature. Plus, I dont usually turn on heater in my room, so my room is kept at 70 in the morning and 65 at night. All 5 of them still alive and kicking. I mist them like 2X a day just to keep the humidity high. At the bottom of the plastic container...i placed moisted paper towel and keep them moist everyday. They seems to be pretty comfortable with it. They are feeding on the mixture of fruitflies and pinhead crickets. Hopefully everything goes well and they will grow up!!:D

I'm new here and I'll be there on the 22nd if anyone wants to meet.:)
I'll be checking out Screameleon because I bought my first Cham from them.

Hope everyone has a safe drive and I'm from Upstate, well New Paltz area if anyone needs a ride.;)

Take care

DD

Back
Top Bottom