The new Vorax Gecko viv

Pure

I finally got off my duff and put their living viv together. This is my first attempt at a living viv. And it didn't turn out half bad if I do say so myself. A planted tank back ground really came in handy.

IMGP0871.jpg

There are 3 broms, 2 small scheffs and a pothos. I make hides out of bored out oak logs, and in the left back corner is one of these hides vertically affixed to a branch of crape murdle. I then took a 4 inch tall log and hollowed it out but didn't go all the way through. I used it as a planter for the pothos and affixed it to the top of the crap branch above the larger hide. I left about an inch between the 2 so the Vorax and come and go as they please from inside this hide...

Took them a wile but they are finally using these hides of mine.

For the substrate I used a 30 pound bag of lava rock washed in a strainer, then a 25 pound bag of organic soil. The critters to go in the dirt are going to have to wait but will be added in the future.

So far the Vorax seem to be in hog heaven I see them out during the day a lot more now.

So questions, comment, advice on how to do something better. Let's hear them, all are welcomed.

Looks good, Shannen. My babies will love it! Just make sure to increase the size of the hide as they grow - <duh :rolleyes:> Oh, and is that the foam backdrop/insert that comes with those vivs? If so, please replace it. Crickets will chew on the foam and then will be ingested by the geckos when they eat the crix and could cause you some problems. If it's not the foam thing - then, well done! :D

Crap! Yeah it is... I had no idea the crix would eat it. To take it out is going to be a real PITA. I sealed it in wth silocone caulk, and all the dirt and most of the lava rock will have to come out....grrrrrr

Back
Top Bottom