The Lorax

Action Jackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
My CBB Calumma parsonii cristifer. I call him the Lorax. He is my only Male and although I’m awaiting another clutch to hatch , I think I’m nearing the end of working with these amazing chameleons.
A879D99A-DC54-4E1A-8BEB-ADC4169821AD.jpeg

He is stunning! Why is it that you will no longer be working with them?

There are a few reasons. The biggest is space. I‘m have a large collection of the big Parson’s and I’m producing babies pretty regularly. I chose to house all my baby Parson’s individually and that takes quite a bit of cage space. I also try to house my Cristifer babies separately and with clutches that are 30+ you can see space becomes a premium.

The absence of new blood coming from imports is another issue. Very few Cristifers have come in on import the last few years.

The Cristifers are also not as we’ll known or as sought after as the bigger Parson’s so I end up having to keep babies much longer before they go to new homes.

I really enjoy this species. There is a wide variety of looks with them, they are calm and they are great eaters. Incubation is 13 months and they can hatch with one diapause. They are fairly easy to breed also. We’ll see how things play out. I have 30+ eggs that should hatch starting in October but I also have had several matings of
Calumma parsonii parsonii this summer so I have to keep in mind I may have lots of babies from those pairings that will need housing.

There are a few reasons. The biggest is space. I‘m have a large collection of the big Parson’s and I’m producing babies pretty regularly. I chose to house all my baby Parson’s individually and that takes quite a bit of cage space. I also try to house my Cristifer babies separately and with clutches that are 30+ you can see space becomes a premium.

The absence of new blood coming from imports is another issue. Very few Cristifers have come in on import the last few years.

The Cristifers are also not as we’ll known or as sought after as the bigger Parson’s so I end up having to keep babies much longer before they go to new homes.

I really enjoy this species. There is a wide variety of looks with them, they are calm and they are great eaters. Incubation is 13 months and they can hatch with one diapause. They are fairly easy to breed also. We’ll see how things play out. I have 30+ eggs that should hatch starting in October but I also have had several matings of
Calumma parsonii parsonii this summer so I have to keep in mind I may have lots of babies from those pairings that will need housing.
The Cristifers stay quite a bit smaller correct? If one was wanting to learn more do you have a website that they could do so at?

The Cristifers stay quite a bit smaller correct? If one was wanting to learn more do you have a website that they could do so at?
I have had males get to be 350g. That’s about the size of a large male panther. There isn’t much information out there on them but I have a FB page called Project Cristifer where people share their Cristifers, care and cages. Also there is a podcast on the Chameleon Academy that is on Cristifers. I think it’s #123. There are a couple episodes before that one on Parson’s I did also.

I have had males get to be 350g. That’s about the size of a large male panther. There isn’t much information out there on them but I have a FB page called Project Cristifer where people share their Cristifers, care and cages. Also there is a podcast on the Chameleon Academy that is on Cristifers. I think it’s #123. There are a couple episodes before that one on Parson’s I did also.
Thank you

If cristifer are anything like p. Parsonii, then they are simple(given youre up on the watering and space). I can imagine being at an even more manageable size they'd make a great chameleon. Can't believe there isn't a huge interest in these, I'd love to have one.... also if you ever have YG babies, lmk! :)

My CBB Calumma parsonii cristifer. I call him the Lorax. He is my only Male and although I’m awaiting another clutch to hatch , I think I’m nearing the end of working with these amazing chameleons.View attachment 275992

He’s so gorgeous. I had the pleasure of meeting Maverick last week, and he is a stunner!!! I am bummed that I missed the opportunity to scoop him up, but I am very anxiously stalking your page @Action Jackson waiting for babies!! Unless you ever choose to part with The Lorax! ;):D How crazy that would be to have both brothers end up in Baltimore.

The yellow giants were what I was originally leaning towards (they are all amazing, how do you choose)... but the smaller profile of the Cristifers makes it much easier to set up. If you get one @jamest0o0 , IM COMIN OVER!!!

He’s so gorgeous. I had the pleasure of meeting Maverick last week, and he is a stunner!!! I am bummed that I missed the opportunity to scoop him up, but I am very anxiously stalking your page @Action Jackson waiting for babies!! Unless you ever choose to part with The Lorax! ;):D How crazy that would be to have both brothers end up in Baltimore.

The yellow giants were what I was originally leaning towards (they are all amazing, how do you choose)... but the smaller profile of the Cristifers makes it much easier to set up. If you get one @jamest0o0 , IM COMIN OVER!!!

Alexa's purses, coming to a pawnshop near you

Back
Top Bottom