The Little Dripper

I hate them... Never can I get the drips to be consistent. I have switched to a solo plastic cup with a tiny pin hole in the bottom of it and then fill it each day. Smaller the pin hole the slower the drip rate. Sit on top of the cage away from your lights dripping on the plants below.

I hate them... Never can I get the drips to be consistent. I have switched to a solo plastic cup with a tiny pin hole in the bottom of it and then fill it each day. Smaller the pin hole the slower the drip rate. Sit on top of the cage away from your lights dripping on the plants below.
Really??. Hmm I purchased a 2nd one for my other panther cuz it worked so well 🤔

I'm with @Beman on this one. They might work at first, but soon they become a giant pain! they either stop dripping or they just flow like an open tap.

I use an IV bag. You can get them off amazon. I cut a slit near the top so it can be refilled. I put a small hole in the top of the cage over the branch I want it to drip on.

It has a dial so you can adjust the frequency of the drip, and when you want it off, you just clamp the line! It's the best!

I bought the Little Dripper to have a control valve for adjusting flow and the valve it came with is garbage, completely inconsistent and difficult to adjust without blowing it wide open or shutting it off completely. I'll probably make my own soon.

Thanks guys. Pardon my newbieness. Just making sure. Are the drippers for watering/misting plants for drinking?thanks

Thanks guys. Pardon my newbieness. Just making sure. Are the drippers for watering/misting plants for drinking?thanks
Drinking during the day. Keeps humidity down by not spraying during the day when temps are hot while allowing a consistent drinking option.

I used a Pediialyte bottle with a small screw valve and some black air tubing. It works perfectly and I can dial down to one drip a minute if I want. My cham likes reeealllly slow drips. I didn’t save the cap so I use a tiny Tupperware cup to keep dust out. Also, no silicone was needed. Just drill the hole small and force the valve in there. It makes its own seal. Put warm water in the bottle when you inset the valve so the plastic gets warm and pliable and then when it cools it will contract and seals itself!

Attachments

• D8FD8246-5E5D-4A72-B030-72F81255EE0F.jpeg
    D8FD8246-5E5D-4A72-B030-72F81255EE0F.jpeg
    203 KB · Views: 103
  • 21B9EEF0-C8AC-45A7-8316-82A28D9C74A9.jpeg
    21B9EEF0-C8AC-45A7-8316-82A28D9C74A9.jpeg
    201.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 6ED8AFA6-9DA4-4747-9B49-1171D6BCC217.jpeg
    6ED8AFA6-9DA4-4747-9B49-1171D6BCC217.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 97
I've legit bought 3 of these as well :ROFLMAO: Idk, they can be useful...you need to get the knob positioned juuuust right for the flow you want; you also need to be very intentional with the cut and placement of the tubing for it to drip where you want it to drip.... I will say, as of recently, I've ditched the tubing and just have it dripping in a corner sans-tube. It hits some branches and splatters over several leaves...this actually seems to be working well. Similar to how a homemade cup-dripper would work, I think.

Tip - I used to fill it up ALL the way and then I'd have to be on it to turn it off. Now I just fill up the amount I want it to drip for that particular period of time. Maybe this is how most people do it and I just recently figured it out, lol.

Back
Top Bottom