US THE JUNGLE FLORIDA

ZEROPILOT

Avid Member
I want to report my review of THE JUNGLE FLORIDA. A reptile shop in Deerfield beach Florida.
They sold me a male VOHEMAR Chameleon for $349 that I posted and members here correctly identified it as a female.
I told the owner. Jay and he agreed to swap it for another male. There was a slightly larger one that I gave him yet another $100 for.
Then I posted that animal here....And again right away a few members thought they saw MBD.
I told Jay about it and that i was going to the vet
His response was "Let me know".
The vet. BROWARD AVIAN AND EXOTIC confirmed through blood work and Xrays that he DOES indeed have MBD and that it's quite bad.
I sent Jay all of the information and he says that his bulbs are changed every 6 months.
I've learned from this forum that his lighting is incorrect.
He said that his cricket breeder says that the crickets are all gutloaded. I now know that gutloading only lasts a day.
And now he's "Sorry" that this has happened to me.....
Thank you to the forum community for all of your ongoing very helpful information!
Now let me be of help by warning others to stay away from this place!!
The Chameleon will be recovering with help from my vet. But Jay had left me hanging out to dry.
20210203_111311.jpg

Last edited:
Wow thats such BS!!!🤬🤬🤬

I'm so sorry you had to deal with that, makes me SO mad that there are people out there like this taking advantage of people and hurting or worse yet KILLING CHAMS in the process....DESPICABLE!

Thank god you saved him!!

This is his latest Xray.
The vet says his bones are now 85% normal density.
But the leg bones will never straighten. And the fact that he has long suffered from MBD is proven
Stay away from THE JUNGLE FLORIDA

Attachments

• 20210317_104156.jpg
    20210317_104156.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 135
I'm happy to report that THE JUNGLE FLORIDA in Deerfield Beach Florida went out of business!
There is a new owner and a new name and I've been told by a friend in that industry that the new place is improved in every way. And uses actual HO UVB lighting!
A win for the hobby!

Last edited:
Dav Kaufman did a video of the place. Seems really nice. I visited The Jungle Florida back in 2017 and they had a loose, very sickly looking Phelsuma grandis loose in the store.

There actually a video on YOUTUBE of the exact same Chameleon that I purchased.
Same strange scar on his belly.
That poor thing never had a chance

The business is now named:
COLD BLOODED KINGDOM.
And it is so much nicer and just better in every way

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom