The incidence and antibiotic resistance of Salmonella species isolated from cloacae of captive veiled chameleons...

Interesting study but why did they test animals all in the same facility? There could have been cross contamination in their environment and husbandry care. Why not test random adult female veileds in the wild or in different keepers care? That seems like it would have been a better study on the colonization of salmonella in the animals.

JMHO- The study would have been much harder if the animals were wild caught. 1. they would have to get permits, local government stuff and then conditions would be totally unknow. Food- weather- human factors etc..... JMO

This was pretty nice and I didn't even know there were so many different strains of S.--- Figured I had a tough immune system might have not crossed the bad ones. Lucky me and others..

I always thought eye infections were due to respiratory issues or contaminations, since they wipe their vents on branches and then rub their eyes. In the wild, they might not even cross the branch again or fog/mist/rain washes it away.. I know my thoughts are way out there but I have watched my chameleons for years and years and see all kinds of natural behaviors in their little homes.

No wonder it is so difficult to treat animals even with professional help and this is with CB stuff.. WOW! So for those that get sick from S. it is rear and might be isolated events, but understand the reasoning for baby turtles being band if their environment is contaminated with the bad strain..

I would like to see the same experiment done with WC (and it might be out there) since WC are transported in tiny bins and sometime house hundreds at a time. 1 could infect all.

Thanks once again for a great read......

Yea-- Really enjoy your articles and who knows what my life would have turned out to be with parental support in my interests as a youngster.. Wanted to become an animal vet with all the surgical stuff but joined the service instead.. Big difference and I am sure there are many like that out here..
Thanks again!

I always like posting any articles I find when I'm searching for things I'm studying and wanting to learn more about so it might help others learn too.

It causes questions which opens the door to conversation. But as you know research can be easy and simple to follow or every word needs to be looked up. I am in the middle with understanding and left with questions more than answers.. I'm in why why (3 year old) mode.
Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom