The great escape!!!

Sweetcorn

Kirby loves nothing more than free ranging in the afternoons.

Managed to sneak some pics of him today now that he's brave enough to come out with me in the room :lol2:

Kirby01-5.jpg

Kirby03-3.jpg

Kirby04-2.jpg

Kirby05-1.jpg

Kirby06.jpg

:D What a sweetie! He eyes the camera so suspiciously, lol! Looks like he has a great time with his playground you have created!

:D What a sweetie! He eyes the camera so suspiciously, lol! Looks like he has a great time with his playground you have created!

He does Tiff.....he really doesn't trust me at all LOL He is getting a little better though :)

Love the bungy cords!. Hope you don't mind if I steal your idea!!. Happy to give you the cred though!
Anne

Feel free to steal away Anne :D I pinched the idea from the breeder of my female panther. Kirby absolutely loves being up there :)

Wow he is so pretty!! How old is he?

Thanks....he's 8 months old now :)

i had the exact same idea of a great escape. I'm planning to do it on the weekend. i want to make a path coming out of the cage extending it around the entire bedroom and coming back in the cage. I'm not sure how its going to turn out.

I'm going to make it in a way that the cham won't be able to climb onto anything else other that staying on the path that i made for him if you can picture it..

i had the exact same idea of a great escape. I'm planning to do it on the weekend. i want to make a path coming out of the cage extending it around the entire bedroom and coming back in the cage. I'm not sure how its going to turn out.

I'm going to make it in a way that the cham won't be able to climb onto anything else other that staying on the path that i made for him if you can picture it..

Good luck with your project and hope it all goes to plan. The last pic shows half of the walkway....he has that length again going to the other side of the room and half way there is another length going to the far wall. I couldn't put it all the way around cos there are too many things he could get onto.

haha nice...! thats pretty long actually but very sick. I'm planning on just tying a thick rope around and putting some artificial plants throughout.

im worried about my guy pooping when he's enjoying the afternoon walk....i don't wanna see poops on the beautiful hardwoord floor.

Sounds good :) Well touch wood, so far Kirby hasn't done any poops while he's been out so you should be ok. Just make sure you've got a hat on if you're standing underneath, just in case LOL

you don't have any lights throughout the whole path do you? do you mind posting a picture of the whole room just to get an idea of what yours looks like.... i would definitely appreciate it thats for sure....

you don't have any lights throughout the whole path do you? do you mind posting a picture of the whole room just to get an idea of what yours looks like.... i would definitely appreciate it thats for sure....

I don't have any lights on it. He only comes out from 4 until around 7 and then I put him back in. I would eventually like to have some so he can be out longer though.

Took this pic this afternoon for you. Had to stand on a stool to be able to get it all in though LOL

IMG_4455.jpg

hahaha thanks for the pic my friend. this is a nice free roaming area i have to say. provides a much larger area....my plan of extending my chams roaming area around the whole room is going to be challenging i have to be honest from what i can see from your picture. how old is your guy btw...

how many animals do you have in there?

hahaha thanks for the pic my friend. this is a nice free roaming area i have to say. provides a much larger area....my plan of extending my chams roaming area around the whole room is going to be challenging i have to be honest from what i can see from your picture. how old is your guy btw...

how many animals do you have in there?

You're very welcome. It really wasn't that hard to be honest (at least it wasn't for my husband lol). The two lengths of bungy cord are just stretched and attached very securely to each wall. I then just wrapped some vine around it to make it look more natural and give him places to hide.

I think there are approx 50 reptiles in there which is why I needed the stool lol

OMG!!!! 50!!! WOW thats a lot and they must keep you busy 24/7! i still can't believe it actually I'm having trouble absorbing the number ....

going back to the bungee cables, i think i would have to put wholes in the walls... its gonna screw up the walls because it means that i need 2-4 holes just to secure one line of cable like you have in the picture. or did you use another method?

OMG!!!! 50!!! WOW thats a lot and they must keep you busy 24/7! i still can't believe it actually I'm having trouble absorbing the number ....

going back to the bungee cables, i think i would have to put wholes in the walls... its gonna screw up the walls because it means that i need 2-4 holes just to secure one line of cable like you have in the picture. or did you use another method?

LOL...it is a full time job looking after them but I love it. I'm carer for my Mum which means I'm home all day and that makes it alot easier.

I'll get some close up pics tomorrow for you to show how the bungy is secured. Oh and Kirby is 8months old :)

oh okay...that seems easy to do....and looks very secure as well (knock on wood)

i try my best to take care of the little fella.:)

GREAT idea with the vines, My guy is very shy also. The only way i can get him to come on my hand is to free range also. I will have to steal your idea with the vines out of the cage.

Back
Top Bottom