The Four Stages of Shedding

Tattersb

Avid Member
Four stages of a chameleon's shed:
Stage 1: Chameleon becomes dull and dusky, owner realizes cham will shed soon and is wildly happy that stringent feeding/supplement/misting schedule is succeeding and chameleon is growing and healthy!
Stage 2: Cham's appetite decreases and cham becomes less active. Cham does not shed immediately, owner begins to second-guess shedding diagnosis and believes cham is dying due to obvious neglect and mal-treatment by owner.
Stage 3: Cham loses three grams and becomes duller. Owner becomes dusky and begins stress-eating gummy bears.
Stage 4: Cham wakes up with shed beginning, eats four huge crickets, weighs in at 110 grams (five grams gained in past two days) and demands to be taken to the jungle gym. Owner begins breathing and is wildly happy that stringent feeding/supplement/misting schedule is succeeding and chameleon is growing and healthy!
Thank God we reached Stage 4 this morning.

Attachments

• Gaudi shed.jpg
    Gaudi shed.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 100
Based on meta data, every change to a cham will result it :

Stage 1: owner begins to second-guess diagnosis and believes cham is dying due to obvious neglect and mal-treatment by owner.

9F2562A8-1D42-4E69-A780-80F8B46DE335.jpeg
I know this is off topic but I’m new on here and have no idea how to write my own post/question.

I recently bought my first chameleon, I was told he is a Tamatave but I’ve seen lots of pictures of nosy faly’s and I think he looks a lot more like that.

Would anyone be able to tell the difference for me?

Back
Top Bottom