The drawback to having a free-range

studiocham

Don't worry, it's not bad. I walked into the studio this morning and saw this.
DSC03793.jpg

Domain: surveyed. Next task: unlock doors.

The perfect perch!

The way they appear to be eyeballing each other is hilarious.

I am surprised that the Meller's was perceptive enough to realize that critter was nothing more than a convenient perch.

I was surprised, too. It's a hollowcast resin, and doesn't weigh much more than she does.

It's a Majungatholus atopus of Madagascar. The paintjob was inspired by a really nice pardalis female, so is that a receptive color? I don't know pardalis. lol

Thanks! She shed recently, so she's all glowy. This is one of the girls from Mike. She's an older lady, 22" long, gentle giant.

It's the tallest "perch" in the room, so it must be the best, by chameleon logic. I don't know how she got up there so fast between her lights-on time and my arrival. I think it didn't scare her as a predator or combatant because the studio lights weren't on when she trekked, only her free-range lights. I picked up the whole thing and let her climb back into a tree. I was afraid reaching for just her would bring it all down.

GREAT SHOT. LOL

my iguanna used to perch on a rock carved into the shape of an iguana whenever he could get the chance

Sean

that is a fantastic picture - should be in a calendar that they sell in the mall just before christmas. :D

Too perfect - it's balanced just right. I love the way she is almost looking back at it... questioning how well thought out the idea was.

By the way - my male is gaining weight rapidly. I'm going to re-test him in a week or so.

Nice to see mellors out and about...great pic! :)

If I get a pay rise I will move to a house with room for a free range...Mellor's are just amazing animals, and people are having a bit of luck captive breeding them now too which is amazing! :)

I desperately want a pair of Melleri! This is just the cutest thing ever. I would hang THIS photo on my wall too! Did she have to crawl across the floor to get to Mr. T-Rex?

I desperately want a pair of Melleri! This is just the cutest thing ever. I would hang THIS photo on my wall too! Did she have to crawl across the floor to get to Mr. T-Rex?

She had to climb down from her trees, climb down from the free-range 6' table to the lamp stand, to the floor, cross about 6 feet, start up my greenware shelves (and did not break a thing!), get on the top, climb up the stereo speaker, then climb up the dinosaur.

OldChamKeeper: if you get a CH from clutch #4, this female is the dam, so yours may look like this. Hopefully, yours will finish shedding its tail skin in a more timely manner. lol

T! I told you they scheme. Now do you believe me?

HAHA! That is so cute, she must have really wanted to make it to that dino! Maybe she's been eyeing it for a while, and waiting for the perfect time to make her move, it would have been cute to see her journey!

Back
Top Bottom