The different colors of my chams

jannb

Chameleon Enthusiast
I am always amazed at the different colors these guys can be. This first picture was right after mating and they both looked green. I though Luie would be all these beautiful colors when they mated but he was just green.

Then you can see Luie blue, rust, yellow and then brown.

Attachments

• Luie & Camille together 040.jpg
    Luie & Camille together 040.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 388
  • loui red back yard july09 018.jpg
    loui red back yard july09 018.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 341
  • luie and camill aug2009 095.jpg
    luie and camill aug2009 095.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 397
  • 100_5617.jpg
    100_5617.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 369
  • Luie's best shot 337.jpg
    Luie's best shot 337.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 417
Last edited:
Camille with her very different colors

Camille blue, green and black.

Attachments

• Camille&Luie 018.jpg
    Camille&Luie 018.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 285
  • Luie's best shot 324.jpg
    Luie's best shot 324.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 320
  • 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 378
  • 041.JPG
    041.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 309
Jann, I think you must put food colouring in Luie's food, lol!:p:D He is so vibrant, you almost need to wear sunglases to look at photos of him!:eek: That middle pic of Luie is how I always think of him being - I love seeing him show those colours! He is such a good looking fella!

Edit: Ooh! You just added more pics of Camile - mustn't leave her out! She is also a very beautiful girly-cham.:D I love her green colouring best - not sure that I like the black gravid colouring too much though.

Last edited:
Wow that's amazing for both sexes. My male gets very bright lime green with yellow bars/blue dots, when fired up, but his main color never gets close to turqoise. Did you get your male from FLchams?

Jann your babies are so adorable. The colors they get are amazing. Add that to the laid back personalities and you have an excellent pair of veileds.:D

Thanks for the compliments.

Jake my husband surprised me with Luie (my first cham) from PetSmart.

Benny I'm glad you approve. I tried to keep the amount of photos down for you. :D:D:D

how often does Camille turn black? I am very interested in that colouration! The Middle Picture of Luie is my fiance's favourite I can't decide?

Omg :)

Your chameleons are amazing and your photos of your amazing chameleons are amazing. You better have someone guard your house while I'm in Florida in August. I might have to sneak over to your house and kidnap your Luie :p

Camille is beautiful too. I love the gravid colors. What a nice Hubby you have!

how often does Camille turn black? I am very interested in that colouration! The Middle Picture of Luie is my fiance's favourite I can't decide?

Camille turns black when she sees Luie when she's not receptive. I try to never allow her to see him because I'm trying to prevent her from having anymore eggs. I have 30 eggs now that will be hatching out in the next few months.

Thanks to all for your kind words about my pictures and my chams.

Back
Top Bottom