The crickets are multiplying

Tinydino

Avid Member
I'm not going to lie.
I didn't think it would work.

I gave the last bunch of crickets a dish of soil when I brought them home a month ago.
I mist it daily when I mist my Cham.
I have no idea what I'm doing. But last night I noticed movement.
I have teeny tiny crickets!!!
What do I feed them?
I guess I should remove the dish from the bin now?
Any good resources to read about raising crickets?
I treat my feeders just like another pet. I feed and water daily. Clean them out every few days. Give them hiding spots and so on.
But these are so small I'm afraid i will accidently drown them with the mist bottle. Lol

Attachments

• 20201227_195102.jpg
    20201227_195102.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 65
If you had more than one female cricket in the bin then there will be more eggs in there to hatch.

They eat the same things the adults eat and the setup can be the same...just put some egg cartons in there or paper towel rolls or whatever for the babies to hide in....just like the adults need.

If you had more than one female cricket in the bin then there will be more eggs in there to hatch.

They eat the same things the adults eat and the setup can be the same...just put some egg cartons in there or paper towel rolls or whatever for the babies to hide in....just like the adults need.

Oh there were a lot of females laying in there.
I bought a 250 count box last month. They have been busy in there for weeks. Haha.
The tiny ones cant get out of the dish yet.
I want to move them to their own bin today.
I really didn't expect much. I gave the dish of soil with a shoulder shug and a "we'll see what happens" attitude. Lol

They are still hatching and Imnpretty sure there is well over 100 tiny crickets now. LoL
How long to they take to grow??
They are really small

Back
Top Bottom