The Chameleons of Madagascar DVD?

HermannChameleon

Hi everyone, I am thinking of purchasing The Chameleons of Madagascar dvd but wanted to know whether or not it is worth getting? I have just bought the Life in Cold Blood series as I love David Attenborough documentaries, the way he speaks keeps you interested. Can't find any clip of this one though so unsure of what it will be like. What are your opinions?

Thought you may appreciate this clip of one of David Attenborough's documentaries...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUlN4uOVRS8

Hi everyone, I am thinking of purchasing The Chameleons of Madagascar dvd but wanted to know whether or not it is worth getting? I have just bought the Life in Cold Blood series as I love David Attenborough documentaries, the way he speaks keeps you interested. Can't find any clip of this one though so unsure of what it will be like. What are your opinions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUlN4uOVRS8

I have it a love it. They use scientific names but after a bit you wii know them. It is sold in the bookstore here on the forum

Yes, that is where I saw it in the bookstore on here. I was wondering whether it would be monotone or not but if it's still worth watching regardless then I think I will have to buy it soon (from here of course!).

Starting to get slightly obsessed with chameleons at the moment, have just bought a few books, a dvd and some other bits so may have to wait until next pay to buy this one LOL! :eek::D

Lol, they don't show to many panthers but very cool Video!

If your looking for a video with Panthers, there is the old school CIN video called "Madagascar a Land Like No Other". That video shows mostly Panthers (Maroantsetra, Diego Saurez, Ambanja and Nosy Be and other neat locals) some of which panther keepers here in the USA are not working with.

Last edited:
"The Chameleons of Madagascar" is the CIN's second video. "A Land Like No Other" is the CIN's first video. There is a big difference between the two video's video quality.

Thanks everyone, I think I am sold on this video now! This is why I was asking what it was like because I feel as if I have been spoilt by David Attenborough documentaries, no other wildlife shows ever seem to compare! Mind you, as long as it is about chameleons and is informative enough then I think it will def be worth watching. Didn't want something that would be a waste of time watching!

One thing I was just thinking, hopefully my player plays discs from all regions as I'm from England and my last player didn't!

Back
Top Bottom