The Chameleon Room.

Brad Ramsey

Retired Moderator
Here are a couple of pictures of my shelves.
I just finished the last enclosure (the one furthest to the left)
This 10 enclosure set-up takes up an 8 foot by 2 foot space along the wall but goes (of course) all the way to the ceiling.
This is the product of three years of work and very gradual collecting ... there are only 3 chameleons at this point :rolleyes: but, a few more to arrive soon.
Just sharing what I think is a pretty efficient use of space.
4, four foot double tube fixtures are utilized and all the misting and dripper filling is done manually. I do mist all the enclosures daily as live plants are in place and it's good to get an idea of the time that will be required when there are more chameleons.

-Brad

Last edited:
Looks great! I love the different sizes/styles of the cages, like every cage has its own personality. Great job! Awesome name by the way...

Most of the projects I have tackled seem to take on a Tim Burton or Lewis Caroll sort of look in the end.
The enclosures have been collected or cobbled together over time ... not one to waste any available space, I have built things in such a way as to maximize potential.
I sort of like things a bit kooky and stacked up on top of each other too.
Yes I have always liked the name Brad;)

-Brad

Good looking set up. Always more I can learn. Hubby designed & built me an auto mister that I now could not live without. Oh the time it takes to do all the misting by hand, hang in there Brad.

Brad , I love the use of space. Its like a Tetris Game, but with chameleons. I especially like the cages combined to make one. Very nice!.

Good stuff!

What do you keep in that sliver of a cage?

I agree with Ryan... just like a tetris game.

I like your pygmy setups a lot.

Nothing yet (just finished constructing it) and it's not as small as it appears to be.
This is one that was designed to fit the remaining space on that shelf and will be quite useable, the dimensions are 13x18x44.
The reason it looks so thin is because it is so tall.
It would definitely work for a female veiled.

-Brad

I agree with Ryan... just like a tetris game.

I like your pygmy setups a lot.

Here is a picture of a side view of that enclosure.
For reference, the schefflera is in a 2 gallon pot.

-Brad

Thanks for the compliment on the pygmy tanks!

Last edited:
Nothing yet (just finished constructing it) and it's not as small as it appears to be.
This is one that was designed to fit the remaining space on that shelf and will be quite useable, the dimensions are 13x18x44.
The reason it looks so thin is because it is so tall.
It would definitely work for a female veiled.

-Brad

Oh ok... yeah that'll work with a female pretty well. She'll have plenty of height for regulating temps and they don't need quite as much space as a male. It almost looked like it was 10" or less compared to the other stuff LOL.

Could also work for a senegal or, for that matter, a number of smaller species.
Juveniles could be housed in there as well.
No dedicated plans for this enclosure yet.
You will notice I installed a hook at the top. I plan to hang a pothos in there.

-Brad

Could also work for a senegal or, for that matter, a number of smaller species.
Juveniles could be housed in there as well.
No dedicated plans for this enclosure yet.
You will notice I installed a hook at the top. I plan to hang a pothos in there.

-Brad

Cool! Are you getting a senegal? :)

And my girlfriend thinks I have too much :p ....lol....here are my setups.....

Attachments

• 20090303165431.jpg
    20090303165431.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 165
Back
Top Bottom