THE CAGE IS DONE!!! :D happy day

arnau666

Established Member
:X mwhahaha im so happy :D !!! its finally done !!!
it is kinda bigger than i predicted but well more space for the cham!!!

its made from metal welded and sprayed with zinc spray and i used a water prof material that looks like wood for betters looks !

in the bottom is space where the water will drop ! well ill just post pics so you can see !
hope you enjoy it!

any critiques are welcome! thank you all for your help!

thanks :D well all i need is to wait the lil bastard to come next week ! i have everything except him and the food !damn im so excited :D:D:D never been so happy!

Oh my gosh!! It looks GREAT!! I'm sure your chameleon will love it. By the way what kind of chameleon are you getting. I love the wood color and the size!

If you used a Zink spray I hope it works out ok for you. Zink is toxic if injested by animals. I think sprayed on zink would be worse than gavinized wire mesh which contains zink in the coating.

If you used a Zink spray I hope it works out ok for you. Zink is toxic if injested by animals. I think sprayed on zink would be worse than gavinized wire mesh which contains zink in the coating.

well zinc its toxic only if ingested ! that zinc spray is water prof and its used most for painting ship parts! i guess if he will lick the water from it he wont get zinc in his body ! i did some research before using it and yes its very toxic for birds cause they have beaks and can eat it from bars ! but i dont think my cham will lick all day the bars and get the spray off the bars and in his body!
as far as the mesh galvanized with zinc its ok if he wont chew the mesh !

if there will be any problems i will cover the inside bard with that " wood " too !

Love the size and look. Looks like furniture, which I like. Function and style, great job, best looking cage I have seen in awhile. You could probally sell these?

well zinc its toxic only if ingested ! that zinc spray is water prof and its used most for painting ship parts! i guess if he will lick the water from it he wont get zinc in his body ! i did some research before using it and yes its very toxic for birds cause they have beaks and can eat it from bars ! but i dont think my cham will lick all day the bars and get the spray off the bars and in his body!
as far as the mesh galvanized with zinc its ok if he wont chew the mesh !

if there will be any problems i will cover the inside bard with that " wood " too !

You are probably right. I would just keep a watchful eye on you chameleon and make sure no of the paint starts to come off. I use a Zink spray paint for " cold gavlvinizing " my boat trailer and it is kind of porous. I'm just not sure how it would work in this application.

Did you make a welded steel frame and attach your screen? I like the idea of using that plastic wood stuff. Good job on your build.

Last edited:
Love the size and look. Looks like furniture, which I like. Function and style, great job, best looking cage I have seen in awhile. You could probally sell these?

the cage is 25x25x60 inch and i spent like 300-350$,ya i could sell this but ill just use it for myself and probably make a few more.

"Did you make a welded steel frame and attach your screen? I like the idea of using that plastic wood stuff. Good job on your build"

yap its a welded steel frame and i attached the screen over the frame and i fixed it with the wood like material

Back
Top Bottom