The Big Move

John33871

Well today, Lil Jon moved into his new home. he doesnt seemed to be to stressed. he is just siting under his basking light and already made a piss. here are some pictures.
SA500800.jpg
[/IMG]
SA500801.jpg
[/IMG]
SA500802.jpg
[/IMG]
SA500803.jpg
[/IMG]
comments welcomed

Looks fantastic! I noticed that your temp guage was reading 86. Don't know where you're measuring from, but if he just keeps sitting under the light most of the time, you may want to up the wattage in your basking bulb.

yeah he is pretty much just staying under the basking light. i had it right above him, and he would start opening his mouth, so i moved it back and at and angle, right now its at 85 still and he has is mouth open. i dont think the temperature is accurate and need to get a new thermometer. also im going to be putting a pothos plant in, i just need a metal rod to go across the cage so i dont have the pothos hanging from the top of the cage. so there will be more plants in the cage also. ive never had a cage this big, so some tweeking is still needed. also towards the bottom of the cage its in teh mid 70s.

Hey that really does look nice I'm sure Lil Jon likes it. BTW how did you install your drainage system.

I have a similar sertup I just got done today with, I used a doweling rod across the top, I screwed it in to hold the pothos. Have the funnel drip system going too and works nicely.

for the drainage system i just drilled some small holes at the bottom, and put a heavy plant over it and the water goes right to the middle. well most of it does:D

What is the central plant that you use? Its look awesome and I haven't seen one like that here.

I was wondering the same thing. That one in the middle looks like a ficus, but like a tree or bottom branches are pruned. Looks great for climbining.

its just a big benjamin ficus. i got it at a garden store for 5 bucks, was 75% off 20 bucks. i think im going to go back and get another one, and see if they have any good hibiscus as well. i guess towards the end of the summer, beginning of fall is the best time to buy plants, lol.:D

Back
Top Bottom