The Best Tree?

NOP

Hi i have recently been collecting the things i need for my chams adult cage i have been shopping around on prices of llreptile and DIY cages for a good adult cage and i really like the idea of having a tree in the cage and am wondering what would be the BEST tree for him to have. the adult cage will be a 24x24x48 and i would prefer the tree be at least 36inches tall and i dont mind trimming it if need be. i have a plan on how i would like his adult cage to look and i realllly want a good sized tree with lots of good climbable branches in it. And so i ask you the people who know more than me...what is the Best tree to get with nice sturdy branches that Neo will love in his adult cage?

ficus benjamina , in the pot, with river rocks on the top of the soil so the cham cant get to the dirt
then add vines for climbage..:D

The best tree is a hibiscus it tolerates lots of water and has many climbing and sleeping branches mine loves it The flowers also bloom which is nice.

if you could install a hanging pothos ontop of your cage along with the tree idea hed be set! i plan to do somthing like that but havnt found the right sized tree yet and my ficus is growing SUPER SLOW!

The best tree is a hibiscus it tolerates lots of water and has many climbing and sleeping branches mine loves it The flowers also bloom which is nice.

hibiscus needs lots of light to grow and not die..lots will say the same..ficus also needs light but not as much..although chams do love hibiscus flowers!!!

Schefflera Arboricola.. IMO, best thing to have.. Doesnt give off any icky things such as the ficus, tolerates very high amounts of water, easy to trim, the branches are strong enough to hold big chams, leaves are big and hold water droplets perfectly for chams to drink. I just love my scheffleras. I've got 5 and switch them every so often in my inside cages so they get some natural sunlight and they keep very nice.

Schefflera Arboricola.. IMO, best thing to have.. Doesnt give off any icky things such as the ficus, tolerates very high amounts of water, easy to trim, the branches are strong enough to hold big chams, leaves are big and hold water droplets perfectly for chams to drink. I just love my scheffleras. I've got 5 and switch them every so often in my inside cages so they get some natural sunlight and they keep very nice.

i also have success with these plants, but having more than one to rotate into some natural sun does make it a lot easier. i have a montane species so i cant have all the light the plants really need.

Back
Top Bottom