The amazing Atlas our panther chameleon

rotadennis

So about a month ago we purchased our male CB Ambilobe panther chameleon from Canvas Chameleons.
and I made a forum post earlier about how we did the set up which can be found here. So we just wanted to give everyone a few updates. Atlas is roughly 6 months old now since we bought him when he was 5 months old from Canvas Chameleons and let me give a BIG shout out to them; these guys are amazing and Atlas couldn't have turned out any better they take very good care of their chameleons. So you've seen the enclosure I have in the forum thread I mentioned, but I did add a Schefflera plant and decided to buy a bigger pothos and hang it. We also purchased a CLIMIST misting system which is freaking AMAZING!!!! and most definitely on par with Mistking if not better so okay enough on the setup and lets talk about Atlas.

Literally the moment we unboxed Atlas and put him in his enclosure he was already hand feeding crickets out of our hands which told us he was gonna be all about the food. We regularly feed him a HUGE variety of feeders. We've had him for a month and we switch his diet up pretty much every other day. Crickets dusted in Repashy Calcium Plus every day being the staple. We feed him about 8-10 of these a day give or take a few, but we also feed him a butterworms (which he loves) wax worms, phoenix worms, horn worms, and silk worms, and super worms. We give him a few worms a day as treats and always out of our hands. Atlas was shy at first on coming out of his cage and he usually would give us a little bit of trouble, but not to much. I believe we weren't misting him enough even though we did try our hardest so maybe our humidity was down just a tad at first, but I swear ever since we purchased the Climist mister and set it to come on every 3 hours for 2min after his lights turn on automatically at 7:30am and his first mist being at 8:30am and stopping at 9:15pm right before his lights automatically turn off at 9:30pm he's truly seems a lot more active and happy. He's constantly roaming around his cage back and stopping at times to bask. I cannot stress enough from our experience that a cage set up and proper temps and humidity are extremely important to the health of a chameleon. When we first started with atlas like I said I believe our humidity was a bit low from hand misting and I was worried he wasn't hydrated well enough, but ever since we bought the automated mister everything is completely fine. Ambient temps are roughly 65-70 with the basking being 85-90 with an average humidity of 75-80.

Atlas is an amazing chameleon so far. He eats healthy, comes out of his cage willingly,actually I should say he jumps onto your hand to come out, He's never really been stressed, never really puffs up, or hisses at all. He's constantly at "resting colors" which is good. We've got him "fired up" one time when we hung the pothos on our door to do a deep clean of his cage, but he "fired up" because their was a lot of traffic going through the doorway. dogs, cats, and people. His colors were SUPER Intense, Greens, Blues, Oranges, and Reds, and even purple on top of his head. (We didn't get a picture of it, but next time we do a deep clean I'll make sure to snag a few pics of him fired all up and bright. Anyway sorry for the long write, but just wanted to share Atlas to you guys and heres some pics and I even uploaded a video to youtube I will post of him jumping on our hands to come out..Oh also we just purchased an Arg. Red Tegu for our next adventure.

Heres the youtube video:

Attachments

• atlas1.jpg
    atlas1.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 143
  • atlas2.jpg
    atlas2.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 128
  • atlas3.jpg
    atlas3.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 116
  • atlas4.jpg
    atlas4.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 125
  • finished 1.jpg
    finished 1.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 127
  • finished 2.jpg
    finished 2.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 116
  • finished 3.jpg
    finished 3.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 127
  • atlas5.jpg
    atlas5.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 125
  • atlas6.png
    atlas6.png
    658.8 KB · Views: 120
  • atlas7.png
    atlas7.png
    587.6 KB · Views: 135
I'm lovin your enclosure! I'm just curious but what is your drainage system like?

I'm finishing the drainage next week, basically i'm just gonna measure out the bottom again and purchase a sheet of PVC and drill 2 holes in the bottom and just connect the holes with PVC piping and have it empty into another 5 gallon bucket underneath. Nothing to complicated, I plan on finishing it the next time I do a deep clean of the cage.

Back
Top Bottom