@thatcher want to know...

You could get the humidity a little higher on the low end, at least to 55%. Kale shouldn't be used as such a big part of your gutload, it can cause issues if there is too much of it. Add as much variety to the gutload as you can, the more ingredients the better! Same with feeders, too! I'm sure you've seen and have these, but I'll link them just in case!
Thank you I'll try to find more feeders, he's just so picky! He's also scared of dubias

Bsfl,dubias,red runners, hornworms,super worms,and waxworms, do you know a good silkworm breeder it's so hard to find them!
I use TC Insects for my silkworms! You could pupate the waxworms into moths, too. Same with silk and hornworms. Have you thought about trying other species of roaches, as well? None of my chams have ever liked dubia because of how slow they are. You can also try mantids, stick insects, grasshoppers, crickets, painted lady butterflies, blue bottle flies, snails, etc!

I use TC Insects for my silkworms! You could pupate the waxworms into moths, too. Same with silk and hornworms. Have you thought about trying other species of roaches, as well? None of my cham's have ever like dubia because of how slow they are. You can also try mantids, stick insects, grasshoppers, crickets, painted lady butterflies, blue bottle flies, snails, etc!
Any places you buy those from?

Which ones? I breed my own roaches (have like 9 or 10 species), I can never seen to get stick insects or mantids, I get my grasshoppers from @SauceGandhi either here or on FB, crickets from Ghann's, painted lady butterflies from Gulf Coast Silkworms, blue bottle spikes from any number of feeder stores, and I can never get snails
Ok I tried to start breeding supers and bsfl so adding another insect like silkworms and or blue bottle flies or painted lady butterflies would be cool

I also feed butterworms when available, but they're contraversal as some chams have side effects from them, so do more research into them, and feed at your own risk if you decide to go with them. I'm sure I'm forgetting other feeders, too. You can try discoids, green banana, and orange-headed roaches for some other species, as well!

I also feed butterworms when available, but they're contraversal as some chams have side effects from them, so do more research into them, and feed at your own risk if you decide to go with them. I'm sure I'm forgetting other feeders, as well. You can try discoids, green banana, and orange-headed roaches for some other species, as well!
Cool! Is there a specific place you learned all this stuff about chams? I really thought I knew just about everything but now I really do want to know everything!

1656303012816.png

thank you rainbow mealworms!

so whats a better alternative to dubias, are discoids more active? are lobsters safe for chams?
Yup, discoids are more active then dubias and lobster roaches are safe, but they climb smooth surfaces and are very fast. There are TONS of species that can't climb or fly

Oh and my dad set up the vet visit it's July 11th that's the earliest that he can be seen
Very nice! Glad you got an appointment. FYI if your cham seems to get worse, you can let the vet know and they might allow you to drop him off for an emergency appointment. Not that I think your cham will need an emergency drop-off, but it's always good to know about your options.

Very nice! Glad you got an appointment. FYI if your cham seems to get worse, you can let the vet know and they might allow you to drop him off for an emergency appointment. Not that I think your cham will need an emergency drop-off, but it's always good to know about your options.
Thank you for helping me guys!

Back
Top Bottom