That noise Dubai roaches make :(

I put a carrot in the little pack of 12 they came in. And they sound like little mice. They were fairly large but I couldn’t do it. Threw them out. I was too freaked out by them and now I am sticking to crickets and super/horn/wax worms for now which I still am freaked out by but not as much. How do u not get your skin to crawl when dealing with these things

I've never heard of my dubias making noise before. But bugs does creeper me out. Using tongs does help a lot transporting them tho.

The dubia beetles thing works. just never say the R word. I use a set of sorting buckets, top has 1/2 inch holes, middle has 1/4 inch holes and the bottom is normal or intact. I tap an egg crate into the stacked buckets dump back the monster sized non beetle looking dubia to reproduce and only sort the beetle looking ones and I primarily feed off the pill bug looking ones.

Huh i didnt think they made noises tbh, but my hoppers make me want to throw my breeding tub outside😆😑

Try these they only hiss 🤣🤣

Attachments

• 96AC04A7-2F30-4B63-84C7-7F366FCA6EF2.jpeg
    96AC04A7-2F30-4B63-84C7-7F366FCA6EF2.jpeg
    227.6 KB · Views: 50
No one’s dubias have little high pitched squeaks? I would have thought they do. My discoids do, but only when excited/stressed. They also excrete something that smells kind of skunky when stressed.

I had the same, before getting a cham I would freak if I saw a one. But I wanted him so bad I called them beetles and since they didn’t look dirty and were now “mine” and not wild invaders you find in your home, I’ve convinced myself they are clean beetles 😂 and I’ve grown ok with them. Control your mind, don’t let your mind control you! Probably not helpful but that’s how I did it.

On the note of beetles and roaches, are weevils ok for our chams ? Always see them on reptile feed websites but never knew

Refer to them as beetles.

They are actually so much cleaner than crickets. I wish my boy would eat them, but he's just not interested.

Just don't say "roach" and see if it works...
they’re literally so clean too they don’t carry diseases I wish they weren’t actually roaches lol

Back
Top Bottom