thanks Gesang for the great Sambava!

Bed Bath and Beyond has a nice one for $20. Ask around (Mom, Aunt, Grams) for a 20% off coupon, they send them out all the time, and there you have a great scale for only $16.

don't know how to weigh mine, other then going to the deli with him in a cup LOL....

are scales expensive?

i really am happy with him. and i will probably purchase again from gesang when degas has babies.

HA, he finally puffed up and gaped real big at me!. was walkin by and just puffed his throat out lol.

Last edited:
new picture for today.

Well, i am considering the name Hachi. or danboro.. hachi is the japanese for 8 and danboro basically means oven in japanese.

since he is a sambava i can't decide which.

Attachments

• IMG_0695.JPG
    IMG_0695.JPG
    238.5 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0693.jpg
    IMG_0693.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
so i got home this afternoon.. and im lookin at him like ^.~ WTH..he's dark hunter green and grey...

i assume he's shedding.. since this is my first chameleon, how long will it take for him to finish his shed, anything i should look out for?

Attachments

• shed.jpg
    shed.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 110
He's definitely shedding. Just mist him well, the moistening of the loose skin will help him shed. He may go off food while he's shedding, too. And, they are usually very grumpy when shedding.

well im glad he gorged on water this morning... so hopefully he will be ok.. i was going to try to take him out for some afternoon sun while it starts too cool off as the sun goes down, but ill leave him be..

thx again gesang he really is wonderful.

congrats on your new family memeber! He is super cute, btw I like Danboro as a name, not sure why, just sounds cool, either way can't go wrong with japanese names. Good luck with him!

OK, well i have officialy named him!..

Daruma.

which is basically the word for hammer.

i actually managed to get him out today in hopes of getting a little bit of the shed off his leg been kinda like a little bracelet. and the tid bit at the very tip probably 1/8th of an inch of his tail. ill just have to work on it this weekend with some warm water.

Attachments

• 0111.jpg
    0111.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 183
Back
Top Bottom