Thanks for letting me join!

JodiL

Hi! I'm glad I found this place. I've had many reptiles & amphibians over the years, but just got my first chameleon about 2 months ago, a male veiled who needed to be rehomed because his old owners' landlord wouldn't let them keep him. This is Bart, short for Bartameous, and he's about 9 months old. He came to us in a 12"x18"x48" which he'd pretty much outgrown, and we just moved him to a 24"x24"x48" today. We're going to have fun adding more plants & such in the next few days, but he's settling in nicely. I'm loving the inspiration from looking at everyone's set-ups. I know that veileds are supposed to be grumpy, but this guy is very friendly most of the time. He needs some coaxing to come out, but once he's out he'll hang out quite happily for a long time (and of course he's always happy to have us hand feed him hornworms!) I'm sure I'll be back with lots of questions, but meanwhile I'll enjoy reading the forums and looking at the beautiful pictures.

chameleon 1.jpg chameleon 2.jpg chameleon 3.jpg

Welcome. Handsome fellow; he appears to have some trans morph (from the look of his legs).
His name as well could have been from Bart Simpson (for his spikey head!) :LOL: And a gorgeous head/casque it is.

I expect the landlord's objection was due to Bart's diet, and he assumed there would be an infestation of escaped lunchmeat. :(

I'm a little concerned about the look of his eyes, but I'd like some other folks to take a look if you don't mind.
kinyonga
MissSkittles

Thanks! He's the coolest--and yes, definitely translucent socks & a little on his head. I can't remember what the morph is called, I'd looked it up. What are you noticing about his eyes? You can get a better look at one of his eyes in the icon picture. They seem okay to me, but I'm new with chameleons. And yes, I expect you're right about escaped critters being the objection. It seemed odd, though, because the landlord allowed 4 dogs, which could certainly do more damage than one little lizard, but hey, I'm not complaining about a free amazing critter joining my menagerie.

With my eyes, I can't even make out your avatar; that's why I asked for help.
They appear a little sunken to me, BICBW.

That was the day we brought him home, he was young & a little thin. He looks pretty good now, his eyes are just dark

They don't look 100% ok but I'm trying to determine why. Could be he's just holding them in or it could be dehydration or maybe something else. I hate trying to figure out eye issues because there are always so many possibilities.
These pictures are from the day we got him, a couple of months ago now. He's looking more filled out in general. His eyes have much darker coloration than the rest of his face, giving them a sunken look in pictures, but they're not actually sunken in real life!!

Back
Top Bottom