Thank You Everyone

krknieriem

I have to say I am so glad I found this site, although none of you know who I am you have helped me more than I could imagine. I have always wanted a chammy and by searching all your posts I believe I have everything I need to start this new adventure, I even ordered the cricket crack, but it wont get here til a week after my little buddy. I was wondering how is using apples to gut load crickets til it does??? Even though I dont really want to know the bottom line after I get everything set up I will be posting some pics to follow

Apple is fine, likewise a huge variety of veg/fruit you can find at the store, no problem!
Welcome! :)

Well hello, welcome to the forum. I am happy that you find that the forum helpful. Until you get your crack just give the crickets lots of veggies like Jo told you.

Welcome to the chameleon forums. This ia a great place to learn about chameleons. I have three veileds Luie, Camille and their baby Elly. Veileds are such a pleasure to keep. Below I'm attaching my blog for new keepers. If you are getting a veiled or a panther it will be helpful. It will show you everything you need along with links to pictures and where you can buy, to keep your new pet healthy and happy.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html

Thanks alot, im only buying a couple dozen crickets at a time from a local pet store, i dont know if there is any value of placing a 500 order for a 5 month old, maybe someone could give me a suggestion

Buying them at the petstore cost more per crickets, but what would you do with tons of crickets? Just make sure you purchase the crickets ahead so you can gutload them. Gutloading is just feeding the collard greens, mustard greens, kale, apples, cantaloupe, almost any green leafy veggie. Pet stores either don't feed crickerts or don't feed the foods that you want your chameleon to get. Just like us, what your crickets eat is what your chameleon eats.

Thanks alot, im only buying a couple dozen crickets at a time from a local pet store, i dont know if there is any value of placing a 500 order for a 5 month old, maybe someone could give me a suggestion

If you are buying a young cham they eat like crazy......a couple dozen would last two days tops if you are getting a veiled or panther. Even when I had just one I still ordered 500 at the time.

do they heat pack the crickets like the chams, i had a warm window here in md to get my cham in and the temp is dropping below freezing the next several days, im sure they would die if i order it now but i will take your advise when the next window rolls around

Back
Top Bottom