Tetramycin

camimom

Anyone know where I can get some?

Besides a vet. my guys eye isnt bad enough for a vet, but i dont think it could hurt.

not sure but ya mite check lll under the medications i think they have it if you cant find it elsewhere
its 16.99 plus shippin at lll

its terramycin.. like i said you may find it cheaper when you figre in shippin but they have it

Yea i just realized I spelled it wrong.
:rolleyes:

I didnt even think about checking the sponsors.

but even 17 bucks with shipping is fine. considering.

Yea i just realized I spelled it wrong.
:rolleyes:

I didnt even think about checking the sponsors.

but even 17 bucks with shipping is fine. considering.

lol i didnt notice at first, i dont know how they charge for shippin that little thing but yeah it isnt bad parice an like i said they have it stead searchin all around.. its good stuff too an a must have in the cham medicine cabnet.. good luck..

lol i didnt notice at first, i dont know how they charge for shippin that little thing but yeah it isnt bad parice an like i said they have it stead searchin all around.. its good stuff too an a must have in the cham medicine cabnet.. good luck..

I didnt either. Helps if I spell check. :D

It is so small!! But its needed. I dont know what he did, but his eye is bugging him, so figured an antibitotic cant hurt.

Now that I know I can buy it, Im going to add it to my little emergency cham kit.

Every store that sells tropical fish has that also ( Wal-Mart included ) . I have stopped by on a trucking trip & prescribed myself many times :). Same stuff bottled for human consumption .

Every store that sells tropical fish has that also ( Wal-Mart included ) . I have stopped by on a trucking trip & prescribed myself many times :). Same stuff bottled for human consumption .

This isn't true. This isn't me being critical, it's me wanting factual information out there. In California Terramycin is, theoretically, a prescription drug. Now...I can obviously buy it. LLL will, in fact, sell it to me and so will the feed store where I get the hay for the guinea pigs. I have no idea why they are willing to do that or even if they know that they shouldn't be doing that. But it is not readily available in any store that sells pets or fish and it's certainly not available at WalMart here.

This isn't true. This isn't me being critical, it's me wanting factual information out there. In California Terramycin is, theoretically, a prescription drug. Now...I can obviously buy it. LLL will, in fact, sell it to me and so will the feed store where I get the hay for the guinea pigs. I have no idea why they are willing to do that or even if they know that they shouldn't be doing that. But it is not readily available in any store that sells pets or fish and it's certainly not available at WalMart here.

I can only speak of my experience . I can't vouch for Cali , Egypt or Vietnam , but what i said is EXACTLY true here in Md , Where my farm is in Weston , WV & also in Deer Lodge Tn ... plus wherever I stopped while trucking . It is a prescription " IF " prescribed to people . The disclaimer on the package is " supposed " to clear that up ... something like " animal comsumption only , NOT for people ' . I asked several doctors & pharmacists & that is what they told me .. so i consider that factual . Like anything in life . let alone over the internet ... decide for yoursel & make your own choices . I'll take a cell phone pic next time i go to Wal-Mart . they sell it by the name " fish-cillin " , but the ingrediants say Tetramycin . Fact is , they usually have 3 types of anti-biotics anywhere they sell tropical fish .. at least where i have gone . I try to be thick skinned , but I feel like I was called a liar in a mild way .

Rodger, I understand that you can only speak from experience. However, you made a blanket statement that every store with fish, even WalMart, will have it. California members--and there are lots of them--who followed your advice and went to WalMart looking for Terramycin would be very frustrated. That's why I provided clarification. As far as I know, California is the only state that requires a prescription.

Rodger, I understand that you can only speak from experience. However, you made a blanket statement that every store with fish, even WalMart, will have it. California members--and there are lots of them--who followed your advice and went to WalMart looking for Terramycin would be very frustrated. That's why I provided clarification. As far as I know, California is the only state that requires a prescription.

i dont know if it appplies to stores....
but on every website i found that sells meds, it required a prescription.

Back
Top Bottom