Temps

Daesie11

Chameleon Enthusiast
I just got my infrared thermometer in and found that my babys basking temps were WAY too high. I adjusted and put in a lower wattage bulb and the temps are fine now. Could this have been playing a factor in to why he isnt eating well for me?

Sorry, I know you’ve probably explained this already, but how old is your Cham and how much of what is s/he eating ?

Sorry, I know you’ve probably explained this already, but how old is your Cham and how much of what is s/he eating ?
Thanks @CamoChameleonsHuman , I was at lunch with the fam! Camo covered it mostly. He ate 6 total feeders yesterday, and I gave him a cricket the afternoon I brought him home to just make him feel safer. Today he has only eaten 1 dubia, I'll update that if he has eaten while I've been away from home.

He has been actively exploring the enclosure today though, whereas yesterday he pretty much stayed on the screen of the enclosure. He does retreat from my auto mister, but I hand misted for a minute and he came out and I watched him clean his eyes. Still havent witnessed him drinking though, and no stool to be found yet.

Thanks @CamoChameleonsHuman , I was at lunch with the fam! Camo covered it mostly. He ate 6 total feeders yesterday, and I gave him a cricket the afternoon I brought him home to just make him feel safer. Today he has only eaten 1 dubia, I'll update that if he has eaten while I've been away from home.
Sometimes the dubias move to slow for our chams. I know a few have had good luck putting the dubia roach on their backs on a "plastic" spoon so that they wiggle their feet trying to get right-side up. Will attract your Cham to eat. My Veiled will go through phases where he will and will not eat dubias however. They might be nutritional but I think thats probably what makes them not taste as well too haha

He has been actively exploring the enclosure today though, whereas yesterday he pretty much stayed on the screen of the enclosure. He does retreat from my auto mister, but I hand misted for a minute and he came out and I watched him clean his eyes. Still havent witnessed him drinking though, and no stool to be found yet.
Their stools are really tiny right now. Try looking on top of the leaves for little specks of black/brown/white dust lol. Before finding that red stool on Blue I noticed he had a bunch of good stools as well. From what I saw they poop quite frequently at this age.

Sometimes the dubias move to slow for our chams. I know a few have had good luck putting the dubia roach on their backs on a "plastic" spoon so that they wiggle their feet trying to get right-side up. Will attract your Cham to eat. My Veiled will go through phases where he will and will not eat dubias however. They might be nutritional but I think thats probably what makes them not taste as well too haha
He seems to actually prefer dubias. He has eaten more of them than the crickets. I have feeder tongs that I used to offer them and they wiggle their little legs so he seems to like that. He just hasn't seemed to notice the feeder cup,with or without crickets in there

He seems to actually prefer dubias. He has eaten more of them than the crickets. I have feeder tongs that I used to offer them and they wiggle their little legs so he seems to like that. He just hasn't seemed to notice the feeder cup,with or without crickets in there
Sometimes they just want to hunt too

Their stools are really tiny right now. Try looking on top of the leaves for little specks of black/brown/white dust lol. Before finding that red stool on Blue I noticed he had a bunch of good stools as well. From what I saw they poop quite frequently at this age.
Looks like I have to piss him off and do a more thorough search for poop

We have poop!! Acceptable poop I think?

Attachments

• 20190420_161732.jpg
    20190420_161732.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 164
Back
Top Bottom