Temps in the nite for panther females

Chameleonboyboy

Hi there.

I have a problem. My female panther died in the nite and I was wondering if the cause is misting at nite.

I have a misting program with a few sessions a day for an hour and one of the timing was at 2am in the morning.

It's humid here in Bangkok Thailand. My male panthers are fine so I am
Thinking if the females are more sensitive.

Also this female is a WC import I got in 1week ago.
Is it true that WC imports tends to die easy?

The weird thing is that the males panthers and my veils are doing fine. Enjoying the basking and snapping up food. But the female just died suddenly without any cause?

Please advise
Chamboyboy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 211
No one can give you an answer because we do not know its history, the closest you will get to answers is performing a necropsy and posting pictures of it so people can comment on it from there

Hi there.

I have a problem. My female panther died in the nite and I was wondering if the cause is misting at nite.

I have a misting program with a few sessions a day for an hour and one of the timing was at 2am in the morning.

It's humid here in Bangkok Thailand. My male panthers are fine so I am
Thinking if the females are more sensitive.

Also this female is a WC import I got in 1week ago.
Is it true that WC imports tends to die easy?

The weird thing is that the males panthers and my veils are doing fine. Enjoying the basking and snapping up food. But the female just died suddenly without any cause?

Please advise
Chamboyboy

Well, there was SOME cause for her death. Without a necropsy you'll never know. For example...this female could have been gravid and so severely stressed by importation that she suffered some sort of internal injury. Or, she could have had some hidden illness, heavy parasite infection, a ruptured ovary, sterile peritonitis, any number of things. I doubt the night misting was the cause. It rains on chams at night in the wild too.

hello sir you are from thailand? do they sell a lot of panther chameleons there? i was just wondering how much? it is sooo expensive to bring them in to my country i might as well go to thailand and buy them... how much is a male and female panther chameleon in thailand? juvi? sub adult? adult? thanks... in bangkok?

hello sir you are from thailand? do they sell a lot of panther chameleons there? i was just wondering how much? it is sooo expensive to bring them in to my country i might as well go to thailand and buy them... how much is a male and female panther chameleon in thailand? juvi? sub adult? adult? thanks... in bangkok?

Chameleons are expensive to keep properly. I've had mine for 2 months, and it's almost cost us $1000 so far, and we're not even done spending yet. If the cost is a factor, I would really suggest you choose another pet, or save as much as you can before you take on this expensive endeavour.

hi tyaeda it cost me 900 dollars each just for my chameleons alone not including enclosures food supply etc... :) it is rare and difficult to bring in not because of the price but the supply... are you from thailand? my problem is that i dont get to choose when i order it is always a gamble when i buy from pet traders... i have other exotic animals aside from chameleons all expensive but they are one of my favorite ones and they bring me so much joy... im looking for a red bodied ambilobe... was thinking of buying in thailand if they have

Back
Top Bottom