Temporary Bioactive Setup w small reptibreeze

snitz427

Chameleon Enthusiast
I had to “borrow” Clarice’s new eclosure for a new brother while we wait for a Dragonstrand to be built. We also had an issue with a new t5 unit failing, so I had to borrow her lighting too.

The poor girl drew the short straw so I decided to get creative and setup a temporary bioactive enclosure for her.

I took the two small Reptibreeze enclosures that the veileds quickly outgrew, removed the back panel, and ziptied/sealed them together. I also added a 30W Sansi plant light which Clarice seems to really like! The plants like it, too. When the replacement for the failed light arrives, she’ll get her 30” dual T5 fixture back. In the meantime Kujo - I mean Clarice - has been coming out for natural sunshine more often.

I used a plastic base, pond liner, glass pebbles from neherp for drainage, and biodude’s terafirma soil. I also hung some window draft film on the back for misting. I added springtails and giant canyon isopods (thanks @jamest0o0 !)... hopefully they get a chance to get established, because she is a chunky little sharpshooter.

I am really happy with how it turned out, and I think Clarice is, too! (Even though she’s a grump).

4D711702-1BA0-449A-A292-9E1A008138EA.jpeg 7848F470-05CB-410C-8E64-72AF1C95564F.jpeg 2DDC3091-52F8-4B58-93C9-85DFF7A5E849.jpeg 33AFD26F-5550-4BA3-862A-2669A29A57DF.jpeg

MacGyver that together! Poor thing with your setbacks with equipment. Nice job making it a great temp set up for him.

oops - just realized there is a "small" reptibreeze that is much smaller than what we have. We actually have two medium reptibreeze cages. The small is only 20" tall, we have the 30" version.

oops - just realized there is a "small" reptibreeze that is much smaller than what we have. We actually have two medium reptibreeze cages. The small is only 20" tall, we have the 30" version.
sorry to resurrect an old(ish) thread, but I'm wondering how you put together the base (plastic tray and pond liner, how exactly?)

I'm looking to build a box to go under my Reptibreeze XL...found older posts on the topic, but still thinking/plotting...thanks for any and all info :)

sorry to resurrect an old(ish) thread, but I'm wondering how you put together the base (plastic tray and pond liner, how exactly?)

I'm looking to build a box to go under my Reptibreeze XL...found older posts on the topic, but still thinking/plotting...thanks for any and all info :)

Hi! So we just built a stand/box for another cage. The write up is on my blog in my sig. If its a permanent setup I would 100% recommend going that route. It extends the height of the cage and makes the soil/planting/drainage much easier.

for the reptibreeze I sorta wung it knowing that Clarice would move to a different cage a few weeks later. I placed a storage container lid on the very bottom to protect against any condensation that might seep through the liner. Then I laid a pond liner over top with lots of overhang... so as i filled it with drainage and soil the liner created a barrier up the side. I’m using 8+ inches Bio Dude’s soil and there never seems to be moisture to getting past the soil. I do get some soil on the floor now and then... she’s messy :)

Back
Top Bottom