Temperatures???

Simon1986

Hey guys,
I've just put my 6 month male yemen in his large viv which is 2x2x4 which a mesh front/back and top with thick plastic plyboard on 2 sides and the bottom. I'm worried that it may not be heating enough. With the bare mesh sides, it obviously lets more air in and heat out.

I have a 75watt basking bulb pumping a basking spot at a correct temp with a minimal gradient and nothing at night. He's still active moving from one side to the other between his UVB, heat spot and general exploring but I'm just interested to know whether I need more heat.

Thanks guys

As he's only 5-6 months the basking temps are between 86-90 but I'm more worried about the general temperature of the rest of the enclosure

As he's only 5-6 months the basking temps are between 86-90 but I'm more worried about the general temperature of the rest of the enclosure

well so what is the temperature in the middle of the cage?
if its too low, consider covering the back as well as the sides of the cage to reduce the rate at which heat escapes the cage. or slightly increase the temperature of the room generally. You want a gentle gradient, not extreme differences between basking area and the rest of the cage

for a Veiled/Chamaeleo, aim for:
day basking spot up to 96.5F/36C for adult males and breeding females
Non breeding females and Juveniles hottest spot should be kept at a lower temp, closer to 80F
day mid-cage / ambient range 70F-80F/21 -26C
night to a low of 60F/15.5C for adults, babies and Juveniles only down to 68F

Ace that's about right the rest of the tank is around the 72 mark he is 6 months so ill adjust his basking temp this morning when had gets up. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom