Temperature

yolobrat

Hello, im a veiled owner and I have him around 6 months and i had him during the summer time. Now I live in Easter part of Croatia where summers are extremly hot (35°C) and winters extremly cold (-20C°). Now in summer in terrarium it was around 25 26 C, and now the winter is coming and its around 20 suddenly! I have always used 50W bulb should I buy him 75w? I know i should but theese are rearly used so i want to be sure.

In my opinion 20C is still a good ambient temperature.
He can move closer to the baskingspot if he needs to warm up.

On Madagascar there are also cooler periods (July-August) with temperatures that drop as low as 14C during the daytime in some areas. I always google weathercharts of the area where my animals come from to get an idea of what temperatures they need and what they can endure.

My shed (where I keep my animals) get's influenced by the weather more than most homes so in order to not have it go to cold (mostly at night) I've put in an electric radiatior with a thermostat to keep the shed from falling below a certain temp (~15C). In most homes extra heating won't be needed as humans like to live in an ambient temperature of around 21C which is also great for a lot of reptiles.

In my opinion 20C is still a good ambient temperature.
He can move closer to the baskingspot if he needs to warm up.

On Madagascar there are also cooler periods (July-August) with temperatures that drop as low as 14C during the daytime in some areas. I always google weathercharts of the area where my animals come from to get an idea of what temperatures they need and what they can endure.

My shed (where I keep my animals) get's influenced by the weather more than most homes so in order to not have it go to cold (mostly at night) I've put in an electric radiatior with a thermostat to keep the shed from falling below a certain temp (~15C). In most homes extra heating won't be needed as humans like to live in an ambient temperature of around 21C which is also great for a lot of reptiles.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom