Temp. & Humidity Gauge

Hi all! Which temperature and humidity gauge would you recommend? *I'm more concerned on humidity, I don't think mine is high enough at nighttime for my female veiled. Thanks in advance!!

Temp gauges you can get just about anything, and it will be accurate to +- 1c degree.

Its my opinion that all hygrometer are worthless out of the box. You need to get something you can adjust/calibrate, normally this is an analog meter with a knob on the back

Here is the standard 75% humidity test

http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=how+to+calibrate+a+hygrometer+with+salt

You can also buy "75% in a bag" calibration kits, but i dont think its necessary unless you are protecting cigars as expensive as your chameleon.

Then just do the test every 6-12 months and you are set.

I'd recommend getting a temp gun over a gauge. It's more accurate in measuring specific locations and can help ensure you have the gradients you need. I picked up a household hygrometer from Target. I'd avoid buying any of the reptile specific gauges because they're overpriced just for saying "reptile" on them.

Do you have a laybin set up? Please fill out the help form, some females imo are more delicate when it comes to husbandry

I'm going to try the Govee unit in my new enclosure. The drawback of any hygrometers in constant wet conditions is they tend to be less accurate unless you allow them time outside the environment. I don't need exact numbers, but really want to try these things out.

Other than me misting / putting shower curtains on two of the sides... does anyone suggest doing something else to increase humidity at night? Such as a fighter, humidifier, etc? I’m worried it hasn’t been humid enough for her

Is she in her own room? You can try to humidify the room? When I bring my Cham indoors when it’s cold I found that raising the room humidity I could get it to about 80-90. I live in Florida so it’s probably easier to achieve. But doing it that way you gotta worry about airflow later to lower the humidity if it doesn’t go down. Once I put him back outside I have to leave the fan on to dry the room out. Not really ideal but it worked temporarily.

Temperatures guns are great.
I also have one of these placed in the center of each of my enclosures.
The HOME DEPOT, LOWES, WALMART, etc. carry them for about $10 in the garden department.
They show ambient heat and humidity and seem to be at least partially water resistant....
I've never had to replace one.

Attachments

• 20190924_151436.jpg
    20190924_151436.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 82
Temperatures guns are great.
I also have one of these placed in the center of each of my enclosures.
The HOME DEPOT, LOWES, WALMART, etc. carry them for about $10 in the garden department.
They show ambient heat and humidity and seem to be at least partially water resistant....
I've never had to replace one.
Wow I'm going to get one! Thank you!

Hi everyone! I haven’t been on here in a while. I thought I had mastered (or gotten pretty good at) being a chameleon owner, but I need some help. My humidity is around 39% and I know it needs to be higher. Much higher. I have a mistking, I also have a dripper, and I have covered 2 sides of the cage with shower curtain liners to keep humidity in. However, I can’t seem to keep a higher humidity level. What else can I do? Thank you in advance!

Hi everyone! I haven’t been on here in a while. I thought I had mastered (or gotten pretty good at) being a chameleon owner, but I need some help. My humidity is around 39% and I know it needs to be higher. Much higher. I have a mistking, I also have a dripper, and I have covered 2 sides of the cage with shower curtain liners to keep humidity in. However, I can’t seem to keep a higher humidity level. What else can I do? Thank you in advance!
More live plants and wrapping the back and both sides of the cage. What species do you keep in that cage? Is that humidity level for the day or night or both?

Veiled only need 30 to 50 %daytime

Back
Top Bottom